Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avoid fuel surcharges with Avianca Amigo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TudoAzul Diamante, Smiles Diamante, Latam Gold

Hello,
I've been trying to redeem award tickets with Avianca Amigo to travel on *A partners and, I don't know if you guys know but tickets issued in Brazil cannot have Fuel Surcharges, it's the law here.
What Amigo do to work around this situation is to avoid you to redeem roundtrips, that's right, they will only allow you to redeem one way tickets. That way, when you get the return to Brazil, for example, from Europe, you'll have to pay Fuel Surcharges.
My question is, do they charge for fuel on all of the Star Alliance partners? Or there are some of them that are exempted from this extra charge?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: Aegean Miles+Bonus
They just charge fuel if the operating carrier demands so. For an example, there's no fuel surcharge coming back to Brazil with United flights - because UA doesn't charge it at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.