Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM partner award - flight cancelled by partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LM partner award - flight cancelled by partner

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2016, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Unhappy LM partner award - flight cancelled by partner

Hi friends,

I had a Lifemiles issued award ticket on TK76 from LAX to IST (and then connecting into SG)

Seems now TK76 is no longer operational - and Turkish agents have refused to be of any help.

What are my options here and how do I get Lifemiles support to help me out?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:46 am

Forget about TK. LM is your agent and should find an alternative but as you will need to fly on a partner you will need award space. So you are basically starting from scratch. You could try using email to resolve the issue/ask for alternatives, as phone can be a headache.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik123
Forget about TK. LM is your agent and should find an alternative but as you will need to fly on a partner you will need award space. So you are basically starting from scratch. You could try using email to resolve the issue/ask for alternatives, as phone can be a headache.
Thanks.. I have reached out to LM support.
Just received their template response:

Code:
Dear Mr. ExSin.

It is a pleasure to greet you.

In regard to your concern, I would like to inform you that if you want to rebook your flight you need to contact our Call Center so they can help you with your request.

As well, you need to take into account the restrictions of your tickets:

Ticket <> :
•	It is not transferable.
•	If refundable you will be paying $50 USD plus taxes that may apply.
•	Any change on dates it has a cost of $150 USD plus applicable taxes ( changes are subject to seat availability).
•	If the Award Ticket has been used in any of its portions it may only make changes in the same airline.
Ticket <>:
•	It is not transferable.
•	If refundable you will be paying $50 USD plus taxes that may apply.
•	Any change on dates it has a cost of $150 USD plus applicable taxes ( changes are subject to seat availability).
•	If the Award Ticket has been used in any of its portions it may only make changes in the same airline.

For futher information do not hesitate to contact us back.

Kind Regards,
LifeMiles Support
Old Oct 30, 2016, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by ExSin
Thanks.. I have reached out to LM support.
Just received their template response:
That's interesting and unexpected. They're usually on the ball and get back to you in a few hours. Try re-sending a totally new e-mail to [email protected] with a CC to [email protected]

Pure speculation as I'm not sure what you e-mailed them: They may have misunderstood and thought you were requesting a voluntary change. You may need to re-iterate that you have an INVOL REROUTE situation.

Also try calling them... I usually don't have to since the e-mail desk has always been able to solve all my issues thus far.

Last edited by bosboy73; Oct 30, 2016 at 11:30 am Reason: Apparently I can't spell suPport :-)
Old Oct 30, 2016, 5:19 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
I would just call. I had the same issue with SQ earlier this year. It took 3 days and 4 phone calls to sort it out.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Guvner067
I would just call. I had the same issue with SQ earlier this year. It took 3 days and 4 phone calls to sort it out.
yep, highly recommend calling. I had the same issue with a Brussels Airlines flight and Avianca was able to open up award space on their own flights. Of course its not direct by any means, as you will need to transit through their hub in colombia, and you would probably need to search for yourself how to get to some point in Europe that AV flies and will connect to a star alliance partner with open award space. Otherwise, they will allow you to cancel and waive the $50 cancellation fee.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by babypuwet
yep, highly recommend calling. I had the same issue with a Brussels Airlines flight and Avianca was able to open up award space on their own flights. Of course its not direct by any means, as you will need to transit through their hub in colombia, and you would probably need to search for yourself how to get to some point in Europe that AV flies and will connect to a star alliance partner with open award space. Otherwise, they will allow you to cancel and waive the $50 cancellation fee.
Thank you everyone for pitchin in.

to close the loop, here is what happened:

The first email that I sent got a template response back and the response has been posted earlier. My second mail was more pressing, highlighting the points that this is not voluntary cancellation and route does not exist.

The second email got a slightly better reply - in line what everyone here has advised - to call up the Lifemiles customer service. (by the time they replied, I had already called up based on advice posted here)

On phone I was helped by an extremely friendly and kind agent who immediately understood the issue and offered me to waive of 50$ fee - at the same time he had already looked up alternatives. His first alternative was Ethiopian connecting in ADD (I didnt bother hear how was he planning to connect me to ADD and from there to SIN).

I asked him to check the other way round - via TPAC. He managed to connect me via ICN.. second leg is SQ so I am a happy camper!

I did thank him again and asked his name. Would love to post good feedback on his name here if there aint no rules against doing so.

Folks at FT - thank you for your prompt advice.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Good result. Its amazing how often picking up a phone and calling can assist in these situations
Old Nov 9, 2016, 5:35 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Similar issue to OP. I booked a redemption on SQ's new nonstop CGK-SIN flight, which has now been canceled effective today.

I checked my reservation and I have been moved on onto a SIN-SYD direct flight and confirmed and reticketed. I called up to ask them how I'm supposed to get from CGK to SIN to connect to the flight to SYD and was placed on hold and then told they would call me back soon with a resolution. Should I expect a callback?

Last edited by gpeso8; Nov 9, 2016 at 6:35 pm
Old Nov 12, 2016, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpeso8
Similar issue to OP. I booked a redemption on SQ's new nonstop CGK-SIN flight, which has now been canceled effective today.

I checked my reservation and I have been moved on onto a SIN-SYD direct flight and confirmed and reticketed. I called up to ask them how I'm supposed to get from CGK to SIN to connect to the flight to SYD and was placed on hold and then told they would call me back soon with a resolution. Should I expect a callback?
I've read about them calling back as promised but all my reads were from west. If you are in East, I would suggest you follow up on your side as our times one may not be most convenient to them. Best is to get an agent and ask him if he can see alternate routes.

However - do you mean non stop CGK-SYD flight in your message ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.