Ecuador International Tourism Fee on AV

Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Ecuador International Tourism Fee on AV

I just purchased a ticket using LifeMiles from UIO to SDQ via BOG. I see there is a tax called Ecuador International Tourism Fee (Ed) for 50 USD. I believe its refundable to non-Ecuadorian passengers, right?

I get this idea because if you book a multi-destination ticket from BOG-QUITO-SDQ, and you stay in Quito as long as you want, this tax won't be added.

Weird that I can't find any information on google about it.

Any idea? Thx guys!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:27 am
Original Poster

On the contrary, I found on an old document:

Tourism Fee (International)
Ecuador
Tax Code: ED TCF Type: TT1
Definition:
Levied on each passenger departing Ecuador on international flights for tickets issued in Ecuador for travel originating in Ecuador, irrespective of point of sale. For the purpose of the Ecuadorian Tourism Promotion Fund.

Applicable to
Passengers on international flights.
Rate(s) :
USD 5.00

USD 5!!! AV charged me 50!!!
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by maplenight
I just purchased a ticket using LifeMiles from UIO to SDQ via BOG. I see there is a tax called Ecuador International Tourism Fee (Ed) for 50 USD. I believe its refundable to non-Ecuadorian passengers, right?

I get this idea because if you book a multi-destination ticket from BOG-QUITO-SDQ, and you stay in Quito as long as you want, this tax won't be added.

Weird that I can't find any information on google about it.

Any idea? Thx guys!
I just booked two one-way award tickets on American from Ecuador UIO to the U.S. As was your experience, I can't find anything on Google about it, but I was shocked to see $50 per ticket. In the past we've never paid this. It's separate from the airport exit tax which has been in place for a long time.

Did you find out anything about this? If the passenger holds an Ecuador passport, is it refunded? (Thinking an Ecuadorian citizen shouldn't have to pay a tourism tax).
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by LWT3
I just booked two one-way award tickets on American from Ecuador UIO to the U.S. As was your experience, I can't find anything on Google about it, but I was shocked to see $50 per ticket. In the past we've never paid this. It's separate from the airport exit tax which has been in place for a long time.

Did you find out anything about this? If the passenger holds an Ecuador passport, is it refunded? (Thinking an Ecuadorian citizen shouldn't have to pay a tourism tax).
Bumping this in the hopes that someone knows something about this and can comment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.