Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LifeMiles refusal to credit due to name spelling and ineligible route from TAP?

Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: US SP, JetBlue Mosaic, AMEX Plat

This is a little crazy.

I flew BOS-LIS-BCN on TAP Portugal in Y and entered my LifeMiles number.
I returned BCN-LIS-BOS on TAP Portugal in J and entered my LifeMiles number.

I noticed a couple weeks later I had no credit, so I emailed them. This is the response I get:
In regard to your mileage accrual request, we were able to display your electronic tickets in our system and noticed the ticket number XXXXXXXXXXXXX was issued under the name XXXXXXXXX/MIKE. (My legal name is MICHAEL). Since the name in your ticket does not match with the registered in your LifeMiles account, the mileage accrual request for the flights from BOS to LIS and LIS to BCN was rejected by Tap Portugal.
Then for the return trip, I get this paragraph:
Regarding to the flights from BCN to LIS and LIS to BOS, we have tried to submit the mileage accrual request; however, it has been rejected by TAP Portugal, due to the fact that the route has not established by our partner as eligible for credit miles in LifeMiles. Keep in mind that TAP Portugal has the final authority to validate the accumulation of miles and reserves the right to deny or revoke the accumulation of the same at the moment in which it is determined that the accumulation is not valid.
So basically, I get no credit for one TATL in Y and one TATL in J? Some this wrong here. It appears they just don't want to give the miles.

Help?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
What are we supposed to do? Email Lifemiles on your behalf? Everyone knows the horrible customer service from this program, I don't know why you're crediting miles to them.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by MPScan
This is a little crazy.

I flew BOS-LIS-BCN on TAP Portugal in Y and entered my LifeMiles number.
I returned BCN-LIS-BOS on TAP Portugal in J and entered my LifeMiles number.

I noticed a couple weeks later I had no credit, so I emailed them. This is the response I get:
In regard to your mileage accrual request, we were able to display your electronic tickets in our system and noticed the ticket number XXXXXXXXXXXXX was issued under the name XXXXXXXXX/MIKE. (My legal name is MICHAEL). Since the name in your ticket does not match with the registered in your LifeMiles account, the mileage accrual request for the flights from BOS to LIS and LIS to BCN was rejected by Tap Portugal.
Then for the return trip, I get this paragraph:
Regarding to the flights from BCN to LIS and LIS to BOS, we have tried to submit the mileage accrual request; however, it has been rejected by TAP Portugal, due to the fact that the route has not established by our partner as eligible for credit miles in LifeMiles. Keep in mind that TAP Portugal has the final authority to validate the accumulation of miles and reserves the right to deny or revoke the accumulation of the same at the moment in which it is determined that the accumulation is not valid.
So basically, I get no credit for one TATL in Y and one TATL in J? Some this wrong here. It appears they just don't want to give the miles.

Help?
exact same result here.. what a load of BS.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by keitherson
What are we supposed to do? Email Lifemiles on your behalf? Everyone knows the horrible customer service from this program, I don't know why you're crediting miles to them.
Although the reply is a bit harsh, the sentiment is basically correct.

BUY miles from LifeMiles during the 100%+ promos and spend them on Star Alliance awards. Credit actual paid flights to other FF programs. (particularly J!!!!!) Use http://www.wheretocredit.com/ to help decide which.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.