Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Can i get miles for a ticket With UA flight number but operated by silver airways

Can i get miles for a ticket With UA flight number but operated by silver airways

Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lm silver / MileagePlus / Aadvantage / Amex platinum / stargold points silver

I wanna buy a flight from FLL to MCO With a united flight number but operated by silver airways a united partner, do u think That I can Credit those miles to lifemiles
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:37 pm

Possibly not.....codeshares on NON Star Alliance airlines can be problematic...when crediting to FF programs OTHER than the codeshare partner (in this case UA)

I flew DEN-CEZ on ZK (Great Lakes Airlines) under a UA flight number but got zero credit to my NZ account.

(Found out later EVERYONE codeshared on that flight ...lol...it had about 7 flight numbers!)
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lm silver / MileagePlus / Aadvantage / Amex platinum / stargold points silver
Thanks for the info, do you think that I can add my lifemiles number and then if I dont get credited, submit a request to United? I dont know if it will be a problem because the boarding pass will show the Lifemiles number.

QUOTE=trooper;27268118]Possibly not.....codeshares on NON Star Alliance airlines can be problematic...when crediting to FF programs OTHER than the codeshare partner (in this case UA)

I flew DEN-CEZ on ZK (Great Lakes Airlines) under a UA flight number but got zero credit to my NZ account.

(Found out later EVERYONE codeshared on that flight ...lol...it had about 7 flight numbers!)[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:52 pm

Include no FF number what so ever in your booking and when back home try to retrocredit to Avianca and then, if that won't work, to United.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
FLL to MCO? That's 178 miles. Seriously?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.