Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

no LM credit for regional carriers or franchise/wet lease carriers

Old Aug 21, 2016, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It has already been reported that LM will not book awards on regional carriers. Well, perhaps unsurprisingly, it appears that the reverse is also true: they will not credit flights operated for a *A airline by a regional carrier or a carrier under franchise or wet lease agreement.

I recently took a flight from HEL to ARN with SK which I wanted to credit to LM.
The flight was in fact operated by Cityjet. However, this is under a wet lease agreement: the flight is operated by CItyjet for and on behalf of SK. Cityjet themselves do not sell any seat on the flight. This is not a Cityjet flight on which SK codeshares. This a a genuine, proper SK flight. yet, LM refused to credit the flight on the ground that Cityjet is not a *A member airline. I did point out that the flight was operated by Cityjet under a wet lease agreement for and on behalf of SAS. Made zero change whatsoever. They still refused to credit it.

Ah the wonderful world of LM. where all that is true throughout the industry in just about every other FF programme is turned upside down.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:03 am

Yeah credit flights to LM is just not the best way to handle your "earnings" - although unless you booked a fairly expensive fare, you wouldn't get much for HEL-ARN flight (maybe 250 miles)
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scibuff
Yeah credit flights to LM is just not the best way to handle your "earnings" - although unless you booked a fairly expensive fare, you wouldn't get much for HEL-ARN flight (maybe 250 miles)
Yes, it is meagre (although slightly more than other FFPs since they credit SK at 100% even on low fare classes whereas most others have a lower earning ratio) but it is also a means of keeping the account alive when you have mo immediate activity planned. Oh well, so be it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.