Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Class is Blocked!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Send screenshots of the flights available + phone number + scan of passport to [email protected] with CC: [email protected]

If your itinerary qualifies (eg. no stopovers/extreme layovers), they'll book it for you and ask to call them to make the payment... or they may call.

Sometimes they respond within hours.
Thanks a lot for the help!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Exclamation There are 2 different e-mail queues!

Originally Posted by Matthew_DC
Thanks a lot for the help!
Just a warning:

Over the holidays, I sent an e-mail to '[email protected]' and they ignored my e-mail. I sent a follow-up asking why they ignored me. Apparently, '[email protected]' is their Spanish language e-mail box and now '[email protected]' is their English one. This didn't used to be the case.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by ohiosux
Just a warning:

Over the holidays, I sent an e-mail to '[email protected]' and they ignored my e-mail. I sent a follow-up asking why they ignored me. Apparently, '[email protected]' is their Spanish language e-mail box and now '[email protected]' is their English one. This didn't used to be the case.
This is why I would send to BOTH. CC: means copy.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlqsko
This is why I would send to BOTH. CC: means copy.
Why do you CC, though? I think you're doing that in vain.

Dear Mr. Ohiosux:

It is a pleasure to greet you.

We apologize for the delay in our response; it seems that your email was sent to our Spanish Inbox. For further inquiries in English, you may reach us at [email protected].
Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:01 am

I have a question about sending an email to the lifemiles support team to book tickets that cannot be searched online.
I am trying to book LH F but unfortunately I cannot get the available seat I need to show up on the lifemiles website.
I can see the seat I'm trying to book is available via UA, NH, and AC (Aeroplan), which means the seat is definitely released to partners.
Would it work if I send an email to the lifemiles support team and ask them to book the LH F seat I'm interested in, even though the lifemiles website does not show the seat as available?
Basically I'm wondering if the support team has access to better award inventory (which should match what other airlines are seeing), particularly for LH F awards.
Thank you-
Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by agjil
I have a question about sending an email to the lifemiles support team to book tickets that cannot be searched online.
I am trying to book LH F but unfortunately I cannot get the available seat I need to show up on the lifemiles website.
I can see the seat I'm trying to book is available via UA, NH, and AC (Aeroplan), which means the seat is definitely released to partners.
Would it work if I send an email to the lifemiles support team and ask them to book the LH F seat I'm interested in, even though the lifemiles website does not show the seat as available?
Basically I'm wondering if the support team has access to better award inventory (which should match what other airlines are seeing), particularly for LH F awards.
Thank you-
Unlikely. You can only book what's shown on the Lifemiles website.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Thank you-
Your only hope is IF there are connections for your routing and the flights show on the LM site individually and not as a single itinerary. Bear in mind that LM doesn't usually honor layovers more than 8 hours and, occasionally, not more than 24 hours.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
... in addition, play around with the method of searching flights...
- smart search
- Star Alliance search
- Airline search

Often you get completely different results from LM. Also try to adjust the departure times...

The LM support can not book flights that don't show up on the internet site, as ilucdoco already stated.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
... in addition, play around with the method of searching flights...
- smart search
- Star Alliance search
- Airline search

Often you get completely different results from LM. Also try to adjust the departure times...

The LM support can not book flights that don't show up on the internet site, as ilucdoco already stated.
Well, since agjil wants LH F, using the 'Airline search' method will be fruitless after LM broke it to fix that other "issue".

Last edited by ohiosux; Jan 29, 2017 at 8:44 pm
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:44 am

Thanks for the advice/comments everyone.
Sadly I can't seem to make the LH F seats appear on the website...
Just out of curiosity, has anyone successfully booked any LH F awards recently?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice/comments everyone.
Sadly I can't seem to make the LH F seats appear on the website...
Just out of curiosity, has anyone successfully booked any LH F awards recently?
Yes. I was just checking an award last night, actually. Um, by the way, I'm not sure anyone told you but you probably won't see any availability more than 3-5 days from the flight; not the standard 14-15 days for other *A programs.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:01 am

I see availability in F next week MEX-FRA and MEX-MUC. I booked an LH F award a few days ago for travel this week.

Last edited by elusive1; Jan 31, 2017 at 10:07 am
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:49 am

Since Etihad might be forming some sort of alliance with Lufthansa, what are the chances we can use Lifemiles to book EY Apartments?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: Alaska. AA, Kris, QFF, Lifemiles, BA+
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Since Etihad might be forming some sort of alliance with Lufthansa, what are the chances we can use Lifemiles to book EY Apartments?

Only to the moon and back!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Already booked 10 RT in EY Resdence from the US to downunder since today noon... And that even under the gummy bear award value Don't know what you're doing wrong???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.