Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New LM credit card coming to U.S.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by beachfan
So I think I made a mistake by not joining lifemiles before applying.

I just got my statement, no mention of miles. I thought they would assign me a number, but it doesn't look like it. Does your Vuela statement show the number of life miles earned and your lifemiles number?

Should I register and then call in?
the statement doesn't show any lifeiles number and mileage. you need to call to find out if they have assigned you a lifemiles numer
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks.

I know see I have an old lifetime miles number, which they said was on my Vuela account, and my wife was assigned a number.

However, i can't sign on or register, and when I called, it would either be transferred to someone who didn't speak English or disconnect.

Is the website down?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: most of them
Got the 60K points added to my account as well. And can confirm that buying miles does count as Avianca spend with the 3x multiplier.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:15 pm

Vida and Vuela cards

I may have missed this in another thread, but has anyone applied for the Vuela and Vida cards on the same day? What was the outcome? I was approved for the Vuela earlier today and wondered if I would have a good chance of getting approved for the Vida as well. TIA.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by beachfan
Thanks.

I know see I have an old lifetime miles number, which they said was on my Vuela account, and my wife was assigned a number.

However, i can't sign on or register, and when I called, it would either be transferred to someone who didn't speak English or disconnect.

Is the website down?
this bank is a mess or too tiny to handle the biz volume, my card has been locked for over a month...it still can't be used.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by coolguy100
this bank is a mess or too tiny to handle the biz volume, my card has been locked for over a month...it still can't be used.
We hear you.

On the other hand I have been quite pleased both with LifeMiles and the USA LifeMiles credit card. No issues with the application and the approval of the credit card. The credit line was $25,000. The 60,000 miles posted with the first statement. The miles purchase @ 3X is an excellent bonus. The annual fee of $149 is not ideal but not out of line with the value associated with the card. I used the card recently for international travel without issue.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:11 am

received offer in the mail of the increase 40K>60K on the high end card. I didn't get approve instantly as they didn't like my income figure. I sent in some verification, let's see if they are okay or if they want more.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:38 am

Applied for the card on 16JAN17 using the promo code and got an instant approval with $15k credit line. Pulled only from Equifax.

Card arrived 23JAN17 and immediately activated. Saw that the first statement had actually closed on 18JAN17 with the annual fee. No miles were posted.

Been using the card since then without any issues. Waiting for next statement to close to see if the bonus posts then.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:39 am

Auto-approved this morning. After submitting the app I got a message on the application page something to the effect of "processing" and then I received an "application received" email so I assumed an analyst would be manually reviewing it. I waited what seemed like five or more minutes for the webpage to load - I assumed it was just going to permanently hang but at some point I got a credit verification window and answered the questions then was approved. So definitely wait for the final page to load.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Slickw
Auto-approved this morning. After submitting the app I got a message on the application page something to the effect of "processing" and then I received an "application received" email so I assumed an analyst would be manually reviewing it. I waited what seemed like five or more minutes for the webpage to load - I assumed it was just going to permanently hang but at some point I got a credit verification window and answered the questions then was approved. So definitely wait for the final page to load.
Exact same experience as you. It does take a LONG time for the final page to load so don't close your browser.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
How long after statement close did 60k post for you guys?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: most of them
pretty much immediately
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:12 pm

I got my card about 2 months ago and my 60k posted very quickly, righ after first statement, even without first payment.
My wife got a card about month and a half ago. Spending money miles posted after closing the second statemen, but no 60k. First statement (wery short, not full 30 days) was just annual fee (we paid that), and spendig would be in second one.
What's going on? Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:43 am

Who do we contact in case our 60K miles don't arrive? No way to secure message from their website.

I acquired my card about 1.5 months ago.
I paid my first statement (very short, not full days, charging AF only). No 60K points.
I paid off my second statement already (closes this week). No 60K points yet, will update if I receive them in the next few days.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Who do we contact in case our 60K miles don't arrive? No way to secure message from their website.

I acquired my card about 1.5 months ago.
I paid my first statement (very short, not full days, charging AF only). No 60K points.
I paid off my second statement already (closes this week). No 60K points yet, will update if I receive them in the next few days.
Bolded mine.

With other cards, miles typically won't post until the statement actually closes. Does the bolded mean the statement hasn't actually closed yet? I'd at least wait until a few days after it closes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.