New LM credit card coming to U.S.

Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:26 am

Is anyone else completely locked out of their account?

I called Banco Popular this morning about my Vuela visa card. The customer service agents ask for a password and transfer you to the account security department who says the password shouldn't be on your account, and they are just having system issues. They don't know when it will be resolved, but you can't make any charges while their systems are down.

It's been down since middle of last week, and they don't know the time frame for it working again.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by xur17
Is anyone else completely locked out of their account?

I called Banco Popular this morning about my Vuela visa card. The customer service agents ask for a password and transfer you to the account security department who says the password shouldn't be on your account, and they are just having system issues. They don't know when it will be resolved, but you can't make any charges while their systems are down.

It's been down since middle of last week, and they don't know the time frame for it working again.
read my previous post.... my account has been locked out for almost 3 weeks, they are incompetent of anything. this bank is a big mess. when I applied for it, its system didn't take lifemiles account number, so I had to leave it blank. I wanted to connect the card to my lifemiles acount, but the CSR can't even access my account due to the password which nobody knows why and who set up. I got totally pissed by this bank.

Last edited by coolguy100; Jan 14, 2017 at 10:50 am
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by MattEvan
Any data points on how long it takes for the bonus to post?
got my first statement this week and 60k bonus posted at the same time.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by sxc234
got my first statement this week and 60k bonus posted at the same time.
Have you been charged an annual fee yet?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by xur17
Have you been charged an annual fee yet?
Yes it showed up on the first statement.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:46 am

I just noticed my lifemiles also got 60k posted:
LifeMiles 65,468

even if when I applied for the card, it's system didn't take my lifemiles member ID and I had to leave it blank when submitting the application. it seems the card got associated with my lifemiles account automatically.

3-JAN-2017

11-JAN-2017

BANCO POPULAR DE PUERTO RICO AVIANCA VUELA VISA CARD PURCHASE MILES ON GAS OR GROCERIES
0 5,346

this $5,346 was all grocery purchase, not sure why it doesn't earn 2 miles per $ grocery purchase. only got 5,346 miles, not 5,346*2
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:50 pm

Is it possible to get the AF waived for either card? Or must it be paid to get the bonus miles?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:27 am

Maybe the passcode is the promo code we all entered in the app to get 60K miles
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by pcraw
Is it possible to get the AF waived for either card? Or must it be paid to get the bonus miles?
Are you asking about Banco Poplar waiving the fee or are you trying to sneak around the T&Cs one agrees to so as to avoid it?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
A good thing. The 60,000 miles posted at the first statement. The airline miles purchased posted at 3X. As noted by others, the posting of bonus miles for purchases is ambiguous at best.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:41 am

Hi. Was the 60k promotion code time sensitive? Or can I still apply with that code and receive the 60k? thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
Got 60,000 posted to my LM acct. Woo-hoo! Thanks Banco Popular!

Banco Popular uses the same backend system as the TD Aeroplan Credit card. One issue with that system in the past was that it didn't allow you to
setup automatic bill pay w/o filling out and signing a form, then mailing it in.
Not sure if fax or email was an option when I checked last year.

Minor inconvenience. But, this system has now been upgraded!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by MattEvan
Any data points on how long it takes for the bonus to post?
several days after first statement date
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:07 pm

I spoke with someone at Banco Popular yesterday, and after a lot of arguing they agreed to talk to their supervisor and call me back. Spoke with them today and my Vuela visa card is FINALLY unblocked after 2.5 weeks, and 7 calls. Yay

Made a $5 donation with the card to meet the minimum requirements, and I'll never use it again. I hate everything about this company.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
So I think I made a mistake by not joining lifemiles before applying.

I just got my statement, no mention of miles. I thought they would assign me a number, but it doesn't look like it. Does your Vuela statement show the number of life miles earned and your lifemiles number?

Should I register and then call in?

Last edited by beachfan; Jan 21, 2017 at 2:36 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.