New LM credit card coming to U.S.

Old Dec 24, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
tried to use my card and got declined. called the number on the back of the card....CSR asked for a password to access my account? not sure what kind of password is needed...was transferred to their fraud department.... was told they are having some IT system issue and customers can't even use this card for any purchase for the time being. I am not the only customer being impacted. what a mess.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by coolguy100
I am not the only customer being impacted. what a mess.
I'll tell you what... you're not alone! The LifeMiles forum is peppered with disclaimers of "YMMV". Just like with the program, it's with the card too. It's great if you can figure out how to use the card or the program!!!... but for others, it's more trouble than it's worth the hassle.

My philosophy is that... look, if I can get ANYTHING related to this program to work for me, that's a bonus and I just count my blessings and move on!
Old Dec 25, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
tried to use my card and got declined. called the number on the back of the card....CSR asked for a password to access my account? not sure what kind of password is needed...was transferred to their fraud department.... was told they are having some IT system issue and customers can't even use this card for any purchase for the time being. I am not the only customer being impacted. what a mess.
I have made similar calls to Citi and Chase and Amex and BOA. Not out of the ordinary for a credit card to be declined. Not out of the ordinary for the fraud department to be less than transparent.

The credit card is a VISA, Plus network, high credit limit and a excellent option to earn LifeMiles.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: most of them
I had some issues with activating the card. I thought I had succeeded in doing it online only to have the card declined when I tried to use it. Called customer service and was told that it wasn't activated but the rep took care of it while I was on the phone. That was a couple of weeks ago.

Just used my card to buy some miles thanks to their new promo for cardholders (buy 1, get 2 free) and it was approved.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
I have made similar calls to Citi and Chase and Amex and BOA. Not out of the ordinary for a credit card to be declined. Not out of the ordinary for the fraud department to be less than transparent.

The credit card is a VISA, Plus network, high credit limit and a excellent option to earn LifeMiles.

mine is still being declined even if their fraud department said my card is in good standing and hasn't been suspended. never happened to other cards issued by other issuers....one call just cleared things out.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:06 am

mine is still being declined even if their fraud department said my card is in good standing and hasn't been suspended. never happened to other cards issued by other issuers....one call just cleared things out.
called them again as I still haven't been able to use my card. regular CSR can't still access my account since system still asks for "access code" which I never set up for my account. I was transferred to their fraud department again, was put on hold for some time and was told there is nothing wrong with my account...I said I can't use my card and was put on hold again.....was told finally that there is a system block on my card and their IT has been fixing the issue....I am not the only customer having the same issue. they definitely need more competent IT folks.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:59 pm

I am receiving an error message when applying for this card. It stays on the "Please wait while the system is processing your request.." page for a few minute and then eventually errors out. Has anyone else run into this? I've tried it with 3 times on 2 different browsers.

The error message is: "An error occurred in the application. Please try again."
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by xur17
I am receiving an error message when applying for this card. It stays on the "Please wait while the system is processing your request.." page for a few minute and then eventually errors out. Has anyone else run into this? I've tried it with 3 times on 2 different browsers.

it might have been though so you applied for the card several times
check your credit monitor to see how many inquires there are .
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:06 pm

it might have been though so you applied for the card several times
check your credit monitor to see how many inquires there are .
Yup. You are right. I received 3 emails an hour later. One was approved, one is pending, and one was denied. My TransUnion report shows 3 inquiries.

It's TransUnion, so it isn't the end of the world, but that puts me at 7 which kind of sucks. Is there any way to contest these?

Also, I'm tempted to wait and see if the second application goes through. Think they'd give me the bonus twice if I get 2 cards? There's nothing in the terms against it...
Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by xur17

I still can't use my card..... I suspect they might have permanently closed my card.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
I still can't use my card..... I suspect they might have permanently closed my card.
Register at https://www.myonlinecreditcard.com to determine the status of the account.

Activate the card via the phone number for activation on the card.

The activation via https://www.myonlinecreditcard.com does not function as expected. The activation via the activation phone number on the card does function as expected. Despite repeated calls to customer service the card may not be activated.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:10 am

Register at https://www.myonlinecreditcard.com to determine the status of the account.

The activation via https://www.myonlinecreditcard.com does not function as expected. The activation via the activation phone number on the card does function as expected. Despite repeated calls to customer service the card may not be activated.
thanks....I actually already activated it and used it for a while.... about $5k charges for the first 2 weeks. not sure if I spend too quick
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:42 pm

Is the promo code for 60K signup still live?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 7:34 pm

Data point:
These are the steps that I performed (received the card on Fri 12/30), set up the account online, and the card worked after the phone activation. I used it to pay a hospital bill, and the payment went through successfully, so at this point, just waiting for the 60K miles to show up...
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:05 pm

Any data points on how long it takes for the bonus to post?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.