Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New LM credit card coming to U.S.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Maayan
Applied on June 12 with the promo code, approved instantly. Received the 60K bonus on July 15, same day as the second statement. The first statement closed on June 16 before I even got the card, and had just the annual fee.
Great, thanks for the DP. I remembered reading somewhere saying this promo code/60K offer ends in June, so you may have just made it before the deadline. But will be happy to hear DP from anyone who applied in July
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:50 am

Seems like 60-80% of applicants get the card instantaneously or with a small amount of effort, and then get the miles easily. It's beautiful when that works, but this still leaves a huge amount of people scratching their heads. And I'm not even talking about people with bad credit, sketchy employment situations they can't verify, or those trying to game the system.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Has anyone churned this card?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Maybe this is why it takes so long to get any response from the risk department

"With only three attorneys, two paralegals and group, we have to be very efficient, and we have one administrative assistant, the department to be very nimble."

http://www.nylawyer.nylj.com/adgifs/...ml/page12.html
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
After more than a month my saga is over. I was declined for my first purchase and then told my account was under investigation and I would be sent a letter or given a call (never happened). I kept calling 2-3 times a week until in mid July I was told to send in passport and utility bill and bank statement for proof of address. Then I was told 5 days, then 10 days, then three weeks for the documents to be reviewed. After exactly three weeks and being put on hold for half an hour the block was lifted. Just made my first and ONLY purchase. Do not get this card unless you have gotten every other card worth getting.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:35 pm

So sad this card is exactly like Avianca Airlines itself. So much potential, mechanics are all there but the customer service is non existent.

FYI...... if you fly Avianca and "they" cancel the flight while you are in the airport the Avianca personnel will tell you they cannot re-book or help you in any way ..."YOU" have to go on the internet and re-book yourself and their website is a horror.

Such a shame because besides that their planes are sharp and spotless as is their crews.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by gnomey
Great, thanks for the DP. I remembered reading somewhere saying this promo code/60K offer ends in June, so you may have just made it before the deadline. But will be happy to hear DP from anyone who applied in July
Any idea where you recall hearing that it ended in June? I'd really like to apply for the card but I'm hesitant to with the way the bank has behaved in customer service and a potentially expired promo code
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by ramalama8
Any idea where you recall hearing that it ended in June? I'd really like to apply for the card but I'm hesitant to with the way the bank has behaved in customer service and a potentially expired promo code
I don't recall reading it expired in June
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:36 am

I took the time to write about my nightmarish experience with this bank

http://www.travelwithvik.com/2017/08...banco-popular/
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:27 pm

This card is pretty horrible, or maybe I should say the issuing bank (Banco Popular) is pretty horrible! I received the card about 6 weeks ago and the statement closed and I paid the annual fee. I tried using the card a few times in the last month and every time they would place a fraud hold on the card and I'd have to call in to get it removed. Finally this week I went to use the card somewhere and after being transferred from person to person to person they are telling me the account is under review and there is nothing they can do for at least 3 weeks until the hold is lifted. I'm guessing nothing will ever happen, so I'll probably have to cancel the card.

Pretty sad customer experience and customer service.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by cruser1
This card is pretty horrible, or maybe I should say the issuing bank (Banco Popular) is pretty horrible! I received the card about 6 weeks ago and the statement closed and I paid the annual fee. I tried using the card a few times in the last month and every time they would place a fraud hold on the card and I'd have to call in to get it removed. Finally this week I went to use the card somewhere and after being transferred from person to person to person they are telling me the account is under review and there is nothing they can do for at least 3 weeks until the hold is lifted. I'm guessing nothing will ever happen, so I'll probably have to cancel the card.

Pretty sad customer experience and customer service.
I hope my experience helps.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik
I don't recall reading it expired in June
The "40,000 miles after first card use" offer is still available.

https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/...avianca.aspx#!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:06 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by muji
The "40,000 miles after first card use" offer is still available.

https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/...avianca.aspx#!
I assume they are asking about the 60k offer that launched the card. The 40k is the standard offer
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: Amex Plat, UA and Delta Silver, SPG Gold
Applied August 1st using promo code, instantly approved for 50k credit limit, statement closed on August 4th, received card in mail, made a purchase on lifemiles website for 1,000 miles $33 (figured the card would work easiest on their website), transaction was approved, September 10th received the 60,000 miles in my account.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:56 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
So then its confirmed that the promo code is not expired?
Has anyone applied after Irma?

Originally Posted by mrgom
Applied August 1st using promo code, instantly approved for 50k credit limit, statement closed on August 4th, received card in mail, made a purchase on lifemiles website for 1,000 miles $33 (figured the card would work easiest on their website), transaction was approved, September 10th received the 60,000 miles in my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.