Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New LM credit card coming to U.S.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Originally Posted by danhunterpost
Worth noting, I have had my account opened for 1 month, received my statement and the $149 annual fee was the only charge. I still haven't received my card in the mail but I did get the 60K bonus deposited.
Finally received my card in the mail and paid the annual fee but my card continues to get declined whenever I try to use it. I'm really confused by this bank.

Has anyone else had similar experiences in their card getting declined? How did you get to resolution with the bank, I'm being told my account is under review and I should hear back within 6 weeks?!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B
I had 2 months worth of pending miles suddenly show up this morning so you may want to check again today?
Nope. Nothing.

Since there is no reasoning with this bank via telephone, I guess I can kiss this sign-up bonus goodbye! It's not the worst thing for me since they were offering 0% APR for 12 months for a mere $10 transaction fee, so even coupled with the $159 AF, it's 1% of my transaction amount --- good deal in that regard.

I suppose I can submit a complaint via CFPB and see where that goes.

Strange bank, for sure.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
What's the churnability of this card? Has anyone applied for it twice and received the award bonus again? Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by rendezvous
What's the churnability of this card? Has anyone applied for it twice and received the award bonus again? Thanks!

Same Question ??
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:43 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Finally received my card in the mail and paid the annual fee but my card continues to get declined whenever I try to use it. I'm really confused by this bank.

Has anyone else had similar experiences in their card getting declined? How did you get to resolution with the bank, I'm being told my account is under review and I should hear back within 6 weeks?!

Maybe your card only works in Cuba??

strange bank, I applied and after endless calls by me and my branch manager I finally managed to get a person to approve the card. Over 2 months later I got the bonus miles.
bizarre bank but they do have a SOP I figured it out below:

I much as I can figure its issued by Banco Popular Credit Services which they claim is not actually part of Banco Popular PR so they cant actually "call" them to reach anybody there.
And Oh watch out, if your application goes "inactive" you will have to apply again. Why does it go inactive ? Well I guess if you apply they don't approve you and then they claim to send you letters that they don't actually send out (maybe to save on postage?) they put the application in inactive status.

Application status -wait for letter to arrive (note to applicants letters never arrive in the mail and they can't discuss anything over the phone)
Call reconsideration? -they don't answer the phone, not allowed to they claim.
Ask for supervisor? -they don't take customer calls.
Make notes in the system - sorry the system is "partially down" Oh and note as said here before, the system is ALWAYS partially down.
Why was application declined? -"we can't tell you over the phone, our system is partially down I am sorry you must wait for letter" (see above repeat ).
Then application goes inactive and "nothing can be done" -But maybe you can write a letter to dispute the decision to the address that appears when the letter arrives"
(see above repeat.)
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:44 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by rover4618
Same Question ??

Churn?
Churn???
We are all still working on getting the situation with the first card settled.
the question is how do you get the first card???

Churn???
life is too short for this, I'll be dead by then.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:48 am

I am sure they will send you a letter, absolutely sure...
bet my life on it.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Originally Posted by frank_10b
I am sure they will send you a letter, absolutely sure...
bet my life on it.

I'm thinking of just canceling the card after getting my annual fee reimbursed which i was finally able to put a claim in for yesterday.

I spoke with someone in the fraud department and they want me to send a copy of my passport to verify my address (??? passports don't include addresses) and a utility bill plus some other documentation.

This is just a joke at this point.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:58 am

I am one of the lucky ones. I applied, got instant approval, paid the annual fee, got the 60k. Never had a problem using the card.

That said the few calls I made to them regarding lowering my credit line etc. were quite bizarre. They said to lower the credit line I had to write them a letter and ask.

I am also very turned off by each call they ask every single question to I.D. you having you reveal every personal bit of information like 7 different questions.

Because they are so screwed up I think this card can be churned but I can also see it turning into one big hassle.

This Banco Popular or whomever the hell it really is may not have this account very long and when/if a new bank takes over it can be yet another opportunity.

Last edited by rover4618; Apr 23, 2017 at 8:04 am
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:51 am

I don't know how easy or how difficult to churn this card is, but each person is allowed to have only one active Lifemiles Visa card at any time.
If you have the Vuela card, you can't have the Vida card on top of it, and vice versa.
If you have the Vuela card, you can't have another Vuela card, and the same rule applies for the Vida card.
Having said that, I don't know what would happen when you cancel your current active card and re-apply for another one.
The rules I mentioned above apply when you are currently holding an active Lifemiles Vuela/Vida card that has not been canceled.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by agjil
I don't know how easy or how difficult to churn this card is, but each person is allowed to have only one active Lifemiles Visa card at any time.
If you have the Vuela card, you can't have the Vida card on top of it, and vice versa.
If you have the Vuela card, you can't have another Vuela card, and the same rule applies for the Vida card.
Having said that, I don't know what would happen when you cancel your current active card and re-apply for another one.
The rules I mentioned above apply when you are currently holding an active Lifemiles Vuela/Vida card that has not been canceled.
Good info. This bank is so screwed up it scares me. I think I'm gonna take my 60k and run.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: most of them
Wow. I applied for an received the card when it was introduced and got the 60K bonus with minimal issues. I did have to call to activate the card when online activation didn't work and my card kept getting rejected.

I just received in the mail an offer to get their credit card with 60K bonus miles. So maybe they forgot I already have one? This bank does seem like a mess.
Old May 14, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
Is there anyway to still get the 60,000 lifemiles sign up if I applied to the 40,000 and got approved but did not enter the code? thanks for any help.
Old May 14, 2017, 2:39 pm

Any recent success with applications?

somebody canceled the cc and got a clawback before the af was billed but miles were awarded. See DOC report

Last edited by frank_10b; May 14, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:53 am

There isn't clarity whether card issuer is directly impacted by the following development, but likely has the same parent company.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKBN18Y0IU

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.