Wiki Posts
Search

50 mins connection at SAL - Doable?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA
50 mins connection at SAL - Doable?

I am considering a few destinations for Thanksgiving week and Argentina is one of them. I am getting good-ish prices on Avianca.

LAX-SAL-LIM-EZE and the same routing way back.

But the problem it has 50 mins layover in SAL OW and 40 mins on return. Generally, I am not comfortable with short of a connection. Some odler FT posts seem suggest its dobale. Is it? is it legal? Do they 'wait' so that pax can make the connection?

FWIW, I'll only have a carry on backpack.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: Lm silver / MileagePlus / Aadvantage / Amex platinum / stargold points silver
That´s not a problem, SAL is a very small airport with around 20 gates, the only problem is if one of your flights is delay, I have tried both, sometimes they have waited for me because there is a good number of passenger connecting with that flight, if is only you or a very few number they let the plane go and reeschudele you on a different flight or airline.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA
Thanks, I'll bite the bullet and book it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.