Wiki Posts
Search

Is Air China breaking up with Avianca?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance
Is Air China breaking up with Avianca?

I tried to book a flight from JFK->PEK on Air China and an error message popped up. I contacted Support@lifemiles and asked why I was getting an error message. This is our conversation.

Me: I am trying to book an award flight with Air China on your website but it will not allow me to go to the next step (Itinerary) it shows an error message. Is this a website error or are you not releasing award seats for Air China?

Support: We have verified the itinerary you are requesting and must advise you the flight operated by Air China is currently sold out.

Me: Which itinerary are you referring to because I didn't give you any details other than i'm trying to book an Air China flight.

Support: I would like to confirm you that all flights operated by Air China are sold out on our loyalty program and we do not have information about the airline renewing seats with our program. We recommend you to try looking for alternate airlines.

What a headache! Who knows if their response is true. I've gotten different answers from the call center, email, and twitter.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:03 am

This is very old news. Avianca/LM has not be able to book CA award space for months ...
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:52 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Marisa,

Welcome to Flyertalk. Please note that it runs counter to the Board's standards to post the same information in more than one place.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.