Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca Amigo membership

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by danger
Avianca offers a soft landing from Diamond. Their second top tier is also Star Gold.

As for entering lounges, I don't know that there's anything that requires the program you're crediting your trip to must be the same program by which you access the lounge.
I just checked in and my *G works smoothly!! Hoping that whether it is just a IT glitch other not, this is one of my lifetime status😀.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: FB Platinum
As with a lot of people on this thread, I have had an Amigo Gold Membership for almost 2 years now which was matched from my KLM gold card. I have never used it and I have never received a card. I am flying SAS in a couple of months and was wondering if there is any way to find out for sure that my status will be honoured before I check in online (which is when the baggage fees double in price). I booked a fare which includes 1 bag but I also need to take a second bag which I need to pay for, however this bag would be free if my gold membership works.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
If you see that people have been posting in this thread saying that their status has/hasn't expired should be a good indicator!
Otherwise you can always see your status on the avianca site too.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I entered the LH SEN lounge and SK Gold lounge a few days ago just fine. Status still recognized.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:49 am

I wasn't recognised as *G on OS few days ago, but no problems on LH just yesterday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
No problem with *G recognition on my recent trips with A3 and LO - providing us with free checked luggage and priority boarding.

One issue that we did encounter was the insistence at the LOT *G lounge in WAW to show a physical card, despite the fact that the boarding pass issued by A3 showed specifically *G status and an invitation to the lounge.
After a bit of discussion, we were allowed in - as a one-off exception.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by mzb00
According to the *A rules the agent must let you in if your *G is displayed on the bp, they don't have rights to ask for the card unless the bp doesn't display it.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by mzb00
One issue that we did encounter was the insistence at the LOT *G lounge in WAW to show a physical card, despite the fact that the boarding pass issued by A3 showed specifically *G status and an invitation to the lounge.
http://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy

Scroll down to about the middle of the page to "Star Alliance Gold Customers travelling in any class":

"As a Star Alliance Gold customer, you have access to any member airline lounge that displays the Star Alliance Gold logo. You will need to present your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport. If your boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, you will need also to show your valid Star Alliance Gold card. You are entitled to a maximum of one guest. If you are a United MileagePlus Star Alliance Gold customer, you may only access the United Clubs within the U.S. when departing from that airport on an international Star Alliance flight."
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I'm a UA Platinum and would like to status match. How is the best way to request that? Thanks and Safe Travels..
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I'm a UA Platinum and would like to status match. How is the best way to request that? Thanks and Safe Travels..
Avianca brazil stoped matching some time ago..
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
When logging in onto the Avianca Amigo section and asking to print out a membership card, it still shows cards that expired a few months back. Is there any sure way online to see which Avianca Amigo Gold accounts from the last membership year are still Avianca Amigo Gold accounts?

Originally Posted by rodg857
As with a lot of people on this thread, I have had an Amigo Gold Membership for almost 2 years now which was matched from my KLM gold card. I have never used it and I have never received a card. I am flying SAS in a couple of months and was wondering if there is any way to find out for sure that my status will be honoured before I check in online (which is when the baggage fees double in price). I booked a fare which includes 1 bag but I also need to take a second bag which I need to pay for, however this bag would be free if my gold membership works.
Refundable, no-penalty tickets on a variety of Star Alliance carriers for online check-in would probably help make things more obvious, but I'd rather not have to go down that line.

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
According to the *A rules the agent must let you in if your *G is displayed on the bp, they don't have rights to ask for the card unless the bp doesn't display it.
The rules have indeed said that the carriers must accept whatever displayed proof of higher status there is available. It's also been in some sort of guide for employees of Star Alliance carriers.

So if having an expired membership card and the boarding pass still shows *G, they are to accept the *G on the boarding pass as proof of being entitled to Star Gold benefits.

That said, this won't stop them from asking and sometimes making a fuss over it.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 5, 2017 at 4:03 am
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by erik19283
http://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy

Scroll down to about the middle of the page to "Star Alliance Gold Customers travelling in any class":

"As a Star Alliance Gold customer, you have access to any member airline lounge that displays the Star Alliance Gold logo. You will need to present your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport. If your boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, you will need also to show your valid Star Alliance Gold card. You are entitled to a maximum of one guest. If you are a United MileagePlus Star Alliance Gold customer, you may only access the United Clubs within the U.S. when departing from that airport on an international Star Alliance flight."
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The rules have indeed said that the carriers must accept whatever displayed proof of higher status there is available. It's also been in some sort of guide for employees of Star Alliance carriers.

So if having an expired membership card and the boarding pass still shows *G, they are to accept the *G on the boarding pass as proof of being entitled to Star Gold benefits.

That said, this won't stop them from asking and sometimes making a fuss over it.
Originally Posted by danger
This page - http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s...ss%ADpolicy1/5 - used to include the following:
As a Star Alliance Gold customer, you have access to any member
airline lounge that displays the Star Alliance Gold logo. You will need
to present your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from
the local airport. If your boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance
Gold indicator, you will need also to show your valid Star Alliance
Gold card.
And the 2016/17 Star handbook says, at page 149, much the same:
Star Alliance Gold customers have access to any member airline lounge that displays the Star Alliance Gold logo.
Customers will need to present a boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport. If the
boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, the customer will need also to show a valid Star
Alliance Gold card.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:10 am

So I guess I soft landed to Diamond? I never checked as I was still getting *G everywhere. card (online) shows VAL 2017/03/30 which is not promising but under "Meus Pontos" "You are level Diamond". I've been showing this page to people when they ask at lounges for the card, which is rare (WAW only i think). This is ~21 months into the match so far!

I apparently did credit one flight to them a year ago and have to figure out how to use 1k points... Maybe some good juju there.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by moops380
So I guess I soft landed to Diamond? I never checked as I was still getting *G everywhere. card (online) shows VAL 2017/03/30 which is not promising but under "Meus Pontos" "You are level Diamond". I've been showing this page to people when they ask at lounges for the card, which is rare (WAW only i think). This is ~21 months into the match so far!I apparently did credit one flight to them a year ago and have to figure out how to use 1k points... Maybe some good juju there.
When they eventually decide to actually descend the "soft landing" upon you, it will be to Gold; so still *G. Regarding if there's a difference if you have credited miles to their programme; it is not. Ask me, I haven't been anywhere near crediting any miles, still Diamond

Snacky
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:57 am

Whenever they start to downgrade it will most likely be Gold until 03/2018. They will not even manage to deliver a new card before you lose *G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.