Avianca Amigo membership

Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
I rang. Never got the card but no problems with Brussels airlines seeing and accepting gold status.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Still No Card

I have still not received my plastic Gold card. Was denied entry to an Air Canada lounge today because I didn't have the card (only had a printout from my O6 account) and didn't use O6 as my FF program on my boarding pass. I was, however, able to get two bags checked for free.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:09 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I have still not received my plastic Gold card. Was denied entry to an Air Canada lounge today because I didn't have the card (only had a printout from my O6 account) and didn't use O6 as my FF program on my boarding pass. I was, however, able to get two bags checked for free.
You should've brought this up with the staff and said they could've entered the number into the computer and you could've got in.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
You should've brought this up with the staff and said they could've entered the number into the computer and you could've got in.
Depends where and who! This summer, they couldn't enter my number in Toronto. I asked at the check-in counter if I could access the lounge anyway and was told it was fine, but I had a hard time getting the lounge dragon to let me in with only the print out of my card.

No problem whatsoever in Montreal and Vancouver, though.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For some accounts that got an Avianca Amigo status match, many got the *G cards even without crediting any activity to the O6*G accounts.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by erik19283
Depends where and who! This summer, they couldn't enter my number in Toronto. I asked at the check-in counter if I could access the lounge anyway and was told it was fine, but I had a hard time getting the lounge dragon to let me in with only the print out of my card.

No problem whatsoever in Montreal and Vancouver, though.
It was indeed YYZ where I had the problem. Check-in clerk did say I could use the lounge even without the card.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:07 am

Hi guys!

Any news on the soft landing question?

Will our diamond drop to gold or to nothing?

Terms are unclear but read more like 'drop to nothing'.

Did anyone ask them and get a clear answer?

Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by amigoflyer
Hi guys!

Any news on the soft landing question?

Will our diamond drop to gold or to nothing?

Terms are unclear but read more like 'drop to nothing'.

Did anyone ask them and get a clear answer?

Thanks!
I got the same question. Let's hope they aren't following the lead of Alitalia.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I got the same question. Let's hope they aren't following the lead of Alitalia.
I'm 90% sure they do

But a definite answer was nice.

So it's time to match to TK in february or so ;-)
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:33 pm

The first people that went through the status match in the fall last year, got their status upgraded in early november. This means that some of these "early birds" that didn't requalify for their status throughout this year, should be downgraded soon (probably at the end of this year, if not earlier). I'm sure there will be floods of datapoints about these downgrades and about the rumoured soft landing (yes, it's only a very hopeful rumour) posted in this thread in the following months to come ...

Snacky
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Snacky
The first people that went through the status match in the fall last year, got their status upgraded in early november. This means that some of these "early birds" that didn't requalify for their status throughout this year, should be downgraded soon (probably at the end of this year, if not earlier). I'm sure there will be floods of datapoints about these downgrades and about the rumoured soft landing (yes, it's only a very hopeful rumour) posted in this thread in the following months to come ...

Snacky
Well, let's bring some light into the darkness of this topic. Everybody who matched before December 31 has got his status until March 2017. Matches from January 1st on (lucky guys!) got it until March 2018.

However I my have good news. Only 5 minutes ago I got a response from O6 via facebook:

Helo amigoflyer! In the event a downgrade occur to your category, that would become Amigo Ouro. For more information you could send an e-mail with your questions to: [email protected]

So if they understood my question correctly this would mean: HURRAAAY, SOFTLANDING! ;-)

Maybe some of you can ask them as well to verify the answer I got.

However it will take months again to receive the gold cards...

Last edited by amigoflyer; Oct 28, 2016 at 2:15 pm Reason: Email address removed for privacy purposes
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:51 pm

Well, let's bring some light into the darkness of this topic. Everybody who matched before December 31 has got his status until March 2017. Matches from January 1st on (lucky guys!) got it until March 2018.
However I my have good news. Only 5 minutes ago I got a response from O6 via facebook: Helo amigoflyer! In the event a downgrade occur to your category, that would become Amigo Ouro. For more information you could send an e-mail with your questions to: [email protected]
So if they understood my question correctly this would mean: HURRAAAY, SOFTLANDING! ;-)
Maybe some of you can ask them as well to verify the answer I
However it will take months ago to receive the gold cards...
Well, you certainly managed to shed some real light on the topic. This reconfirms and strengthens the rumour, and if true, this will be a very welcome and pleasant surprise for the ones (including myself) that got lucky and was matched to diamond, even though some might not have deserved it

Snacky

Last edited by Snacky; Oct 29, 2016 at 6:11 am
Old Oct 28, 2016, 2:38 pm

So the diamond e-mail service did also just answer.
The answer was in portoguese however what they told me is:

If match was in 2015 the next evaluation is March 17.
If match was in 2016 the next evaluation is March 18.

If a downgrad occurs the next category will be given.
Diamond -> Gold
Gold -> Silver

So it's definite :-)
Old Oct 28, 2016, 2:44 pm

So the diamond e-mail service did also just answer.
The answer was in portoguese however what they told me is:

If match was in 2015 the next evaluation is March 17.
If match was in 2016 the next evaluation is March 18.

If a downgrad occurs the next category will be given.
Diamond -> Gold
Gold -> Silver

So it's definite :-)
That's absolutely great news!
Thanks for taking the effort in getting this information and for promptly bringing it out into this forum ...

Snacky

Last edited by Snacky; Oct 29, 2016 at 5:29 am
Old Oct 29, 2016, 1:16 pm

Anyone accumulate enough O6 miles to book an award flight? Any real value to crediting to the program as a non- SA based flyer?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.