2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!

Old May 5, 2015, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Smile 2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!

Our 2x1 promotion is back! But this time with more miles, from May 5th until the 29th, buy LM1,000 and you´ll receive LM2,200. Don´t miss the opportunity, to enjoy in our wide network of partners.
Old May 5, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Yes, it's not a 2x1 offer though, it's a 2.2x1 offer

The maximum you can purchase is 68,000 which gives a bonus of 81,600 for a total of 149,600, which is just under the annual limit of 150,000

If you enter 69,000 or more as the amount you want to purchase, you will get no bonus at all
Old May 5, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
I just logged in and only see 2x1. Where are you seeing the extra bonus?Thanks
Old May 5, 2015, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
2.2x

Originally Posted by nydave
I just logged in and only see 2x1. Where are you seeing the extra bonus?Thanks
check your inbox or do a dummy purchase n calc the rate!
Old May 5, 2015, 8:26 pm

I logged in and tried 68,000 and the bonus showed as 68,000. I then tried 75000 and the bonus showed as 75,000. Lastly I tried 1000 and the bonus was 1,000. Possibly a targeted offer?
Old May 5, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Here is the text from the email I got:

Dear demue:
Our 2x1 promotion is back! But this time with more miles, from May 5th until the 29th, buy LM1,000 and you´ll receive LM2,200. Don´t miss the opportunity, to enjoy in our wide network of partners.

And these are the T&Cs as part of the email:

This promotion is available through LifeMiles.com. This promotion applies for miles purchase made between May 5th and May 29th, 2015 as the last date of purchase. Minimum LifeMiles purchase per transaction: LM 1,000. Maximum LifeMiles purchase per transaction: LM 68,000. Maximum LifeMiles purchase per member per calendar year: LM 150,000 (including bonuses for purchase of promotional miles). Miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000. Maximum number of transactions per member during the term of the promotion: 1 transaction. The 10% bonus is calculated on the total mileage to receive including 100% bonus. At LifeMiles.com purchases can only be made through the EARN / Buy LifeMiles option. Does not apply with Flexible Redemption (miles + money) during the payment process of air ticket redemption. You can purchase miles in blocks of 1,000 LifeMiles for USD 38,94, including all taxes applicable to each country*. Values settled based on the exchange rate prevailing on the date of the transaction. For residents in Peru each package of 1,000 miles has a cost of USD 38,94 or S/.120.32 including taxes. Reference exchange rate to April 1st 2015: S/. 3.09 Per 1 USD dollar. The final price in Nuevo Soles is determined according to the exchange rate of the transaction day. Form of payment through LifeMiles.com: International credit or debit card. Other Conditions: Applies only to members enrolled in the program before May 4th, 2015 except whose countries of residence registered in the LifeMiles profile are: Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Ecuador, United States and Colombia before May 4th, 2015. The receipt of the transaction will reflect the total number of miles credited to the member´s account, including the bonus miles and the total charge for the transaction. The miles bought and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve Elite status. The amount paid for the mile purchase is not refundable. Miles are not endorsable. Miles purchased, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption. Not applicable in combination with other promotions. LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply. LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles Corp. *The price for each package of 1,000 miles varies by country and shopping channel.

Seems to be targeted. However, even then, when I do the math for myself on this (and being based in SIN the higher US$ has an impact too) and pair it with the raised redemption requirements on the routings I'm interested in (not considering any tricks here) then it is not that competitive considering all those bargain basement premium fares that have been flying around of late, e.g. out of Europe or US. Sure, for someone looking at a full fare premium cabin as an alternative and assuming you can get award space one can still squeeze out decent value, but I for one will not jump on this. Still got 6-figure mileage balances each in two accounts to burn by Mid-2016 and that part isn't getting any easier.

Last edited by demue; May 5, 2015 at 10:43 pm
Old May 5, 2015, 9:00 pm

My e mail:

Our 2x1 promotion is back! Enjoy this great opportunity from May 5th until the 29th, buy LM1,000 and you´ll receive LM2,000 to enjoy in our wide network of partners.

T&C

Terms & conditions

This promotion is available through Avianca´s Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca Information Centers. This promotion applies for miles purchases made between May 5th and May 29th, 2015 as the last date of purchase. Minimum LifeMiles purchase per transaction: LM 1,000. Maximum LifeMiles purchase per transaction: LM 75,000. Maximum LifeMiles purchase per member per calendar year: LM 150,000 (including bonuses for purchase of promotional miles). Miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000. Maximum number of transactions per member during the term of the promotion: 1 transaction. At LifeMiles.com purchases can only be made through the EARN / Buy LifeMiles option. Does not apply with Flexible Redemption (miles + money) during the payment process of air ticket redemption. You can purchase them in blocks of 1,000 LifeMiles for USD 38,94, including all taxes applicable to each country*.For residents in Costa Rica, can be purchase in blocks of 1,000 LifeMiles for USD 33.00 + tax, per block. Values settled based on the exchange rate prevailing on the date of the transaction. Form of payment through LifeMiles.com and Avianca Call Center: International credit or debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca Information Centers. Other Conditions: Applies only to members enrolled in the program before May 4th, 2015 whose countries of residence registered in the LifeMiles profile are: Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Ecuador and the United States before May 4th, 2015. The receipt of the transaction will reflect the total number of miles credited to the member´s account, including the bonus miles and the total charge for the transaction. The miles bought and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve Elite status. The amount paid for the mile purchase is not refundable. Miles are not endorsable. Miles purchased, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption. Not applicable in combination with other promotions. LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply. LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles Corp. *The price for each package of 1,000 miles varies by country and shopping channel.
Old May 6, 2015, 12:22 am

https://www.lifemiles.com/images/gen...poth1a-eng.jpg

See top right corner.

Oh, the desperation!
Old May 6, 2015, 1:47 am

Terms & conditions

This promotion is available through Avianca´s Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca Information Centers. This promotion applies for miles purchases made between May 5th and May 29th, 2015 as the last date of purchase. Minimum LifeMiles purchase per transaction: LM 1,000. Maximum LifeMiles purchase per transaction: LM 75,000. Maximum LifeMiles purchase per member per calendar year: LM 150,000 (including bonuses for purchase of promotional miles). Miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000. Maximum number of transactions per member during the term of the promotion: 1 transaction. At LifeMiles.com purchases can only be made through the EARN / Buy LifeMiles option. Does not apply with Flexible Redemption (miles + money) during the payment process of air ticket redemption. You can purchase them in blocks of 1,000 LifeMiles for USD 38,94, including all taxes applicable to each country*.For residents in Costa Rica, can be purchase in blocks of 1,000 LifeMiles for USD 33.00 + tax, per block. Values settled based on the exchange rate prevailing on the date of the transaction. Form of payment through LifeMiles.com and Avianca Call Center: International credit or debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca Information Centers. Other Conditions: Applies only to members enrolled in the program before May 4th, 2015 whose countries of residence registered in the LifeMiles profile are: Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Ecuador and the United States before May 4th, 2015. The receipt of the transaction will reflect the total number of miles credited to the member´s account, including the bonus miles and the total charge for the transaction. The miles bought and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve Elite status. The amount paid for the mile purchase is not refundable. Miles are not endorsable. Miles purchased, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption. Not applicable in combination with other promotions. LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply. LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles Corp. *The price for each package of 1,000 miles varies by country and shopping channel.
Hmmmm.
Old May 6, 2015, 3:31 am

Programs: TK Elite
For anyone in Europe this is a very bad deal but hope some of you get to enjoy some flights.
Old May 6, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
This could be a bad sign means that further devaluation comes later... Buy now with bonus, then devaluate later so that miles are just trapped there is the nowaday habit...
Old May 6, 2015, 11:47 am

Just checked with a colleague who also received the 68,000 offer. I am listed as a US resident, he is Costa Rican, so perhaps this is Geo targeted? Any US residents receive the 68,000 offer?
Old May 6, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Just checked with a colleague who also received the 68,000 offer. I am listed as a US resident, he is Costa Rican, so perhaps this is Geo targeted? Any US residents receive the 68,000 offer?

Have a look at the photo posted earlier https://www.lifemiles.com/images/gen...poth1a-eng.jpg saying clearly that the promo doesn't apply most Central Americans and US-based members. Avianca IT is of course different story so some members might have received the bonus but officially they shouldn't be among the target group...
Old May 7, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: A3 *G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sch7458
This could be a bad sign means that further devaluation comes later... Buy now with bonus, then devaluate later so that miles are just trapped there is the nowaday habit...
I think it´s rather an indication that LM went too far with the last devaluation which was in fact a triple devaluation:
(1) Award prices rising
(2) Price for purchasing miles going up
(3) loopholes being closed

Add the super-efficient booking and cancellation process (watch out for irony), the weak Euro (for folks based in Europe) and you got your reason why LM is coming up with this 10% promotion.
Old May 7, 2015, 11:52 am

This is actually kinda funny- if it weren't so annoying and possibly discriminatory. I checked the accounts for my family members and the people with American sounding names qualify for 100%. The people with Asian-sounding names got the extra 10%. All are registered at the same US Address. So apparently it's the gringo tax.

Also I am confused- we all got the standard (for USA as for now anyway, until LM does their next unannounced price increase/devaluation) price of $33 per 1,000 miles-- even the people who "qualify" for the bonus, but I see you guys above posting $38.94 per 1,000 miles. Is that because of country-specific taxes or do you pay a higher base rate for the miles outside the US?

Boy, I feel like with Lifemiles, between their quirky booking engine, illogical routing rules and pathetic customer service, it's a total crapshoot and think I would not buy a single mile more from them no matter what the price unless I have an immediate and verifiable booking in mind. The value advantage they had over US programs has been destroyed and at this point they are not worth the hassle. My personal hope is that Copa kicks butt with their new program and becomes the Star miles of choice so I can say adios to Lifemiles for good.

Last edited by gil123; May 7, 2015 at 12:27 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.