2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!

Old May 27, 2015, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
SIN-MUC is also available.
Thanks Wilko! Hat tip to you. I'll try that next time.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The 125% bonus per mile bought was an improvement, but I wasn't moved to jump on it and will wait for a 150-200% bonus.

Between the mileage price hikes, the routing restrictions and the poor award space availability situations which I face, I'm better off pursuing other options. At 3x for the price of 1 mile, I'd probably be back in.
At the condition that LH F is bookable, nothing else works. The math doesn't even support a 3x miles sale due to the depressed pricing of jet fuels and Asian carriers have their YQ tied to fuel cost. The only worthwhile carrier within *A with significant YQ is LH and only in F. Even LH C has manageable YQ given that LH has adopted a class based pricing. With SQ blacked out on almost the entirety of its long-haul network and TG under safety investigation, the only realistic options are limited to NH and OZ. Business class awards are generally not good use of LM due to other *A alternatives. NH has been tightening both its award availability and downgrading its premium class service simultaneously, for instance, Rimowa kit is gone and caviar has almost disappeared.
Old May 27, 2015, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Guava
Business class awards are generally not good use of LM due to other *A alternatives.
As long as you can generate *A miles by alternate means. Not everyone can do this. (I got very sick of flying UA out of SEA and getting held up by ATC in SFO because of visibility restrictions. Kthxno.)

Not everyone has Chase/AMEX manufactured spend as an alternate means to get *A discounted C.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Thanks Wilko! Hat tip to you. I'll try that next time.
Remember SQ328 SIN-MUC flight continues onward to MAN
Old May 27, 2015, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
3x1 or bust in my opinion.
+1

Since you can effectively buy miles for ~1.5/c anytime by cancelling a cash+miles booking, this latest promotion is redundant.
Old May 27, 2015, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by AndrewE
+1

Since you can effectively buy miles for ~1.5/c anytime by cancelling a cash+miles booking, this latest promotion is redundant.
...except for the $50 + aggravation of dealing with AV customer service. Took an hour and multiple runs of my CC to cancel the last one.
Old May 28, 2015, 1:01 pm

Have people been able to successfully book ANA F flights using Lifemiles? All this talk about the website suddenly crashing on final checkout is a major concern since I've never booked any trips on LM so far, Thx!

Last edited by iluvdoco; May 28, 2015 at 1:41 pm
Old May 28, 2015, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Have people been able to successfully book ANA F flights using Lifemiles? All this talk about the website suddenly crashing on final checkout is a major concern since I've never booked any trips on LM so far, Thx!
Booked one in NH F, canceled a few days in advance of departure due to the eastern USA snowstorms this past winter, booked another award within 72 hours of departure on a non-storm affected route, all with LM flying NH F, all without issue.

Off topic: I don't recommend booking so close to departure if arriving in the USA, my Global Entry messed up and I had to deal with a rather rude, pugnacious CBP agent who basically attempted to provoke me into saying something stupid , and got even more annoyed when I didn't fall for his BS .
Old May 29, 2015, 9:13 am

Yes. That is the only thing of value I have been able to book with Lifemiles these days.

Old May 29, 2015, 12:24 pm

Thanks for reassuring answers BOSman and gil.
Old May 29, 2015, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
email came in....Extended the promotion Buy Miles 2x1 until June 3rd. That´s five more days to receive more LifeMiles! So it seems people are not buying as much as expected?
Old May 29, 2015, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
email came in....Extended the promotion Buy Miles 2x1 until June 3rd. That´s five more days to receive more LifeMiles! So it seems people are not buying as much as expected?
Yeap, just got the same email. I haven't purchased any miles the last 2 sales.
Old May 29, 2015, 9:37 pm
soy

Programs: various
Unless they abandon blocking and/or allow mixed class awards, I am not buying at less than 3x
Old May 30, 2015, 12:12 am

If they un-fix me, I buy.
Old May 30, 2015, 6:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Like me, the vast majority will be buying nothing. With the remaining tricks, I use my existing miles as positioning flights or inter continent connecting flights for future RTW or OJ trips.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.