Wiki Posts
Search

2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BEAV
Same experience here. The system will calculate the bonus if I enter 50,000 miles or less. If I enter 51,000 or more it gives me the same response that I've gone over the limit of the promo. And, I, too, have not purchased any miles this year.
Contact their Support team.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: SEN
Originally Posted by BEAV
Same experience here. The system will calculate the bonus if I enter 50,000 miles or less. If I enter 51,000 or more it gives me the same response that I've gone over the limit of the promo. And, I, too, have not purchased any miles this year.
Same here! My last purchase was 2015.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:24 pm

Hi,

Help, I bought 101,000 miles yesterday by mistake! I wanted to see what the total would be so I hit the continue button but did not realize that was the finalize the sale button also. The bonus was the 2x1 + 25%.

Now I have 101,000 in my account but did not get the 125% bonus. So a couple of questions.

1) Any chance I can claim this by mistake and refund it? I thought is was at 140% but was trying to check?

2) The bonus 125% has not posted, does this get posted instantly? My transaction only shows the 101,000 purchased, not the bonus amount. Does it take some time to credit? I did not purchase any other miles this year.

Any experiences or advise on course of action. It won't kill me to get them at 125% bonus vs. 140% bonus, but would still like to wait for 140%.

Thanks,
MTG
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MilesToGoBeforeISleep
Hi,

Help, I bought 101,000 miles yesterday by mistake! I wanted to see what the total would be so I hit the continue button but did not realize that was the finalize the sale button also. The bonus was the 2x1 + 25%.

Now I have 101,000 in my account but did not get the 125% bonus. So a couple of questions.

1) Any chance I can claim this by mistake and refund it? I thought is was at 140% but was trying to check?

2) The bonus 125% has not posted, does this get posted instantly? My transaction only shows the 101,000 purchased, not the bonus amount. Does it take some time to credit? I did not purchase any other miles this year.

Any experiences or advise on course of action. It won't kill me to get them at 125% bonus vs. 140% bonus, but would still like to wait for 140%.

Thanks,
MTG
Hilarious! How can this be a mistake after you intentionally enter your card number.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:02 pm

Sure, make fun of the mistake

The website has a glitch in it apparently, where it did not show the total number of miles that I was purchasing + the bonus (it just showed the 101,000 miles), so I thought when I hit the continue button below it would give me the total number of miles with the bonus + cost. Some websites ask you for your credit card details and then have a final screen which shows you what you are about to buy. Usually, the 'buy' button says something like 'pay', 'buy' or something to that order. Usually it does not say 'continue'.

Still, it is a mistake...

I've spoken to Avianca today and they say the miles are non-refundable and that there is some glitch as to why the bonus miles did not show or post.

I'm considering reversing this charge through Amex Platinum who I used, saying it was confusing as I did not see a total of miles + bonus so did not realize I was buying yet.

Any experiences would be appreciated.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Sure, make fun of the mistake

The website has a glitch in it apparently, where it did not show the total number of miles that I was purchasing + the bonus (it just showed the 101,000 miles), so I thought when I hit the continue button below it would give me the total number of miles with the bonus + cost. Some websites ask you for your credit card details and then have a final screen which shows you what you are about to buy. Usually, the 'buy' button says something like 'pay', 'buy' or something to that order. Usually it does not say 'continue'.

Still, it is a mistake...

I've spoken to Avianca today and they say the miles are non-refundable and that there is some glitch as to why the bonus miles did not show or post.

I'm considering reversing this charge through Amex Platinum who I used, saying it was confusing as I did not see a total of miles + bonus so did not realize I was buying yet.

You will get the bonus if you have not already reached your limit for purchased miles for the year

I would be very surprised if the credit card company lets you cancel the purchase
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure if this is targeted but got another promo:

Name:  lifemiles promo.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  96.8 KB
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Not sure if this is targeted but got another promo:

Attachment 22814
I also got kayak on rapid .. mines only 30% .. meh
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:36 am

Quite a rapid
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExSin
I also got kayak on rapid .. mines only 30% .. meh
Interesting they must be looking at purchasing habits(data) from before and targeting based on that. Ok so my KAYAK is bigger than yours.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Interesting they must be looking at purchasing habits(data) from before and targeting based on that. Ok so my KAYAK is bigger than yours.
I purchase often and my offer was only 25% and but Mrs. Gpeso8 got 35%!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gpeso8
I purchase often and my offer was only 25% and but Mrs. Gpeso8 got 35%!
Ok so its random!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
I got the 35% offer.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)

On my purchase screen it said to hit the 'tab' button on the keyboard to get the bonus miles to display - which it did. Not sure from a tablet or phone, but PC it worked. This was on the screen before proceeding to payment.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:47 pm
soy

Programs: various
Lucky's just announced a deal going where OMAAT readers can get an extra 15% buying miles.

Interesting that they went with a major US blog this time, whereas previously it was a Brazilian blogger - maybe strong USD helps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.