Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Goodbye Taca Airlines - Avianca/Taca rebrand as Avianca

Old May 28, 2013, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

TACA as a brand has ceased to exist. The Salvadoran-Honduran airline completed its brand integration process with Avianca today.

It's sad to see that my country no longer has a flag carrier It used to be quite cool to see Taca's logo on Star Alliance signs in airports around the world

From the press release:
As announced in late 2012 and after three years of intense work, the airlines in Avianca Holdings S.A. (formerly known as AviancaTaca Holding S.A.) begin a new stage in their business development under the commercial brand Avianca, with its new visual standards.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...Brand-Airlines

The websites haven't merged yet. I hope that the look and feel of taca.com stays. Taca's Facebook page has vanished.

Last edited by higo; May 28, 2013 at 9:23 pm Reason: Typo
Old May 29, 2013, 12:15 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
No wonder their call center's automated system is now AV's. Will miss the lady's voice for sure
Old May 29, 2013, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Is LACSA gone too?

I am supposed to fly SAL-YYZ on LACSA about 6 weeks from now, so that's now Avianca too?
Old May 29, 2013, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The airline still exists and it is still in GDS's as LR. I do not know whether the operating license will ultimately be transferred to the parent company. There might be legal issues why it might be simpler to keep a separate Costa-Rican airline with its own AOC. AIUI, what is disappearing is the Taca brand, not the underlying legal structures, at least not for now.
Old May 29, 2013, 11:21 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
It is not obvious in the article, but will Aerogal be rebranded AV too?
Old May 29, 2013, 11:24 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
It is not obvious in the article, but will Aerogal be rebranded AV too?
Ah yes, apparently so

http://atwonline.com/finance-amp-dat...nified-avianca
Old May 29, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
The airline now belongs to a Brasilian-Colombian billionaire. I enjoy the airline service a lot but right now they are going thru growing pains. Recently the Lifemiles program made changes without giving proper notice to their customers ( bad PR for sure) and some flights were cancelled out of SJO. and some layoffs ( I hate when people lose their jobs, but that is life).

Yesterday they introduced the new livery which I find awful, but so is the livery of Singapore airlines ( best airline in the world).

lets hope they improve and really become a premier airline. Tired of AA/UA/DL lousy service to Latin America.
Old May 30, 2013, 5:30 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by lacuadra
Yesterday they introduced the new livery which I find awful, but so is the livery of Singapore airlines ( best airline in the world).
Sorry if I missed the sarcasm, but are you seriously suggesting that SQ's livery is "awful"?
Old May 30, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
In the future, all Taca flights will carry the AV flight number but are operated by Taca. I guess it's similar to all OS flights which are now operated by Tyrolean Airways.

Does anyone know when those flight numbers will be converted to AV?
Old May 31, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Is LACSA gone too?
Lacsa has been gone for years. It has lived on in in-flight announcements only:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Taca welcomes you to its flight Lacsa 421 to Managua" or something along those lines. But there have not been any Lacsa planes or flight crews in a long time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.