Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Booking Infant Awards: Impressed with Avianca Call Center!

Booking Infant Awards: Impressed with Avianca Call Center!

Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
I doubt that OZ has any INF bassinets in F-cl. Maybe in the old F-cl on the 747... AFAIK, infants need to be taken on the lap and secured with INF security belts when turbulences occur...?
Thanks, very usefil info. I am curious as to why you doubt there would be infant bassinets available in OZ First class? I was thinking it would be easier to do it in first class. I am happy to pay less and get Biz class. As long as i get a flatbed seat, i am hapy
Old Nov 26, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Ok my nephew just booked 2 J award tickets on EVA. The baby they have is less than 1 year old. Do they call EVA or Lifemiles? And the fare for an infant I think is 10% of the actual J fare but what fare bucket will EVA use in this case?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 7:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Ok my nephew just booked 2 J award tickets on EVA. The baby they have is less than 1 year old. Do they call EVA or Lifemiles? And the fare for an infant I think is 10% of the actual J fare but what fare bucket will EVA use in this case?
Get in contact with EVA if you really want to have it done right without surprises at check-in. It might be priced differently even from one EVA point of sale/agent to another EVA point of sale/agent. In other words, call around and drop-in ifnpossible to get it done.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Get in contact with EVA if you really want to have it done right without surprises at check-in. It might be priced differently even from one EVA point of sale/agent to another EVA point of sale/agent. In other words, call around and drop-in ifnpossible to get it done.
Thanks will do just that, don't want any surprises at check in
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:02 am

Hi all - if booking an 2 adults + 1 infant on an Asiana award ticket via LifeMiles, is it best to call LifeMiles and have them process all. Will they be able to? Will I need to call Asiana (which I dread from past experiences) at all? Doesn't seem like booking infant is an option via lifemiles website. Any thoughts?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benjahman
Hi all - if booking an 2 adults + 1 infant on an Asiana award ticket via LifeMiles, is it best to call LifeMiles and have them process all. Will they be able to? Will I need to call Asiana (which I dread from past experiences) at all? Doesn't seem like booking infant is an option via lifemiles website. Any thoughts?
The infant can only be booked by calling the airline you will be flying with not Lifemiles unless the infant is a full fare passenger.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
The infant can only be booked by calling the airline you will be flying with not Lifemiles unless the infant is a full fare passenger.
Hi djjaguar64 - so is this the correct way to approach: 1. Book adults ticket via lifemiles website. 2. call Asiana with booking info for our flight and add infant? 3. Pay 10% mileage? If so, what miles? Any idea what they charge if not miles?

Thank you in advance.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benjahman
Hi djjaguar64 - so is this the correct way to approach: 1. Book adults ticket via lifemiles website. 2. call Asiana with booking info for our flight and add infant? 3. Pay 10% mileage? If so, what miles? Any idea what they charge if not miles?

Thank you in advance.
Mileage? No, if you are booking with Lifemiles using Lifemiles miles for an Asiana flight, you have to pay 10% of the fare (cash or credit card) to Asiana to issue the infant ticket. We are paying EVA 10% of the Business Fare, have not done so.

https://us.flyasiana.com/C/en/homepa...0&menuType=CMS

Baby Fare
Free for Korean domestic flights.
For international flights it will be 10% of general adult fare, and there is no separate seat provided. (A seat will be provided for passengers who pay Child Fare.)
If one passenger is traveling with 2 babies or more, Baby Fare will only be granted for 1 baby, and a Child flight ticket should be purchased for each additional child, with a seat provided.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Dec 9, 2016 at 10:45 am
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:55 am

thanks djjaguar for the info. Didn't realize it was 10% of the fare, had read differently somewhere. Will call OZ. ^
Old May 17, 2018, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Well with Aeroplan, you go through Aeroplan to add an infant, even for awards on partner airlines. The fees are:
  • Economy Class - $50 or 5,000 Aeroplan Miles
  • Premium Economy Class - $75 or 7,500 Aeroplan Miles
  • Business Class - $100 or 10,000 Aeroplan Miles
  • First Class - $125 or 12,500 Aeroplan Miles
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Hi guys,

Has anyone had specific experience with this with regards to having TK and TG as the operating carrier ?
So do I book the infant by calling TK/TG or through Avianca ?

Payment is 10% of revenue fare in cash regardless ?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
You need to book with AV/LM... Price will be 10% off the correspondand fare, can be a few hundred $...
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
You need to book with AV/LM... Price will be 10% off the correspondand fare, can be a few hundred $...
I just spoke to the LM call center and was told I need to contact the operating carrier.

This seems to be a bit of a black hole for LM.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by griffingrowl
I just spoke to the LM call center and was told I need to contact the operating carrier.

This seems to be a bit of a black hole for LM.
We have done this with the operating carrier, on the phone or in person with a ticketing-capable desk/office/airline-rep (at airports or otherwise) after AV-issued the award tickets. With some carriers, getting the paid infant tickets is faster and easier than with other carriers.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:30 am
Suspended

To get the international lap-child ticket issued, there is no general need to book the lap-child ticket with AV/LM. We generally have done the lap child booking and ticketing directly with the operating Star carriers (or their contracted reps) when it comes to AV-issued award tickets for partner Star Alliance operated flights.

Nizar should get TK to issue the lap-child ticket for the TK flights and/or for the TK-TG flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.