Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a members account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a members account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a members account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the members account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a members duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Old Apr 21, 2013, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Smile LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Welcome to the Lifemiles subforum! This is a thread where you can ask any question you want about Lifemiles.
No question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and anything about LM you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask, you can ask here. We will try our best to help.

Before entering the Lounge, please follow the recommended guidelines:
Content in mileposts pertaining to the discussion of controversial topics, such as politics and religion, will be subject to editing and/or deletion. Off-topic discussion is allowed in this thread, but remember this is not the OMNI forum, so please do not treat this thread as such.
No milepost padding will be allowed at any time. Excessive mileposts are subject to deletion.
As with the other Lifemiles forum threads, this thread is subject to the same guidelines, rules, terms and conditions governing FlyerTalk. While we do not like to do so unless absolutely necessary, your hosts, including I, will take action if deemed necessary.
Please try to respond to multiple mileposts at the same time by including the quotes in one post. (The new Multi-Quote feature makes it easy to do so.) This helps to reduce the incessant bumping of this thread and also may make this thread easier to read.
If a different Lifemiles FlyerTalk thread starts to go off-topic, please continue the discussion in here. It may be helpful and convenient to others if links between threads are also provided one in a post in the original thread with the words Continued in the Lifemiles Forum Lounge thread linking to the pertinent post in this thread, and the other in this thread with the words Continued from the (insert topic here) thread linking to the pertinent post in the original thread. Reducing the humor and other off-topic discussion in the other threads will help in keeping those threads informative with valuable information for those Miles and More forum FlyerTalk members who are primarily looking for information.
We trust that Lifemiles forum FlyerTalk members will use their good judgement, as they have done for the most part in the past, in ensuring that this thread remains civil, with a fun community spirit that may be shared by all.

Last edited by yerffej201; Apr 23, 2013 at 9:40 am
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Once you set up a new account after how many days can one top it with bought miles from the sale?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:25 am

I think one would need to wait for the next promo.

Applies only to members enrolled in the program prior to April 8th, 2013
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mlqsko
I think one would need to wait for the next promo.
That's what I had thought too but someone mentioned 12 days on another thread. Thank you for the clarification.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:46 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by onlysuites
That's what I had thought too but someone mentioned 12 days on another thread. Thank you for the clarification.
Well, guys on several german forums wrote, that they were able to buy miles and got the bonus as well with newly opened accounts - this was at the last promotion (dunno if it was sharing or buying).
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flo_147
Well, guys on several german forums wrote, that they were able to buy miles and got the bonus as well with newly opened accounts - this was at the last promotion (dunno if it was sharing or buying).
There was someone (in the old thread) who didn't sign up before the promo and bought mile - no promo. Got a refund luckily.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by yerffej201
So the original main thread got closed so let's make a new big thread.
Thats precisely the reason why I shut down the previous megathread. Feel free to change the OP wording of this thread into a friendly ambassadorial 'ask a question and we're here to help you' and I'll gladly make it a sticky.

More on my standpoint is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...ad-closed.html

Feel free to contact the senior mods via PM to debate this out.

Regards Oliver2002
Senior Mod
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Thats precisely the reason why I shut down the previous megathread. Feel free to change the OP wording of this thread into a friendly ambassadorial 'ask a question and we're here to help you' and I'll gladly make it a sticky.

More on my standpoint is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...ad-closed.html

Feel free to contact the senior mods via PM to debate this out.

Regards Oliver2002
Senior Mod
Edited. Better?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Does anyone have the AV/TA call centre number in the US for making a miles purchase? Tired of erroring out on the website.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Edited. Better?
Yep! ^
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:17 pm

I am new here

I am trying to decipher what codes and hints means but
I just can't find out what 'J' and K and other single alphabets mean.....
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hyemee Kwon
I am trying to decipher what codes and hints means but
I just can't find out what 'J' and K and other single alphabets mean.....
It depends. For example J is business class.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:50 pm

how many times a year does LM have the 2x1 sale
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:33 pm

2 times is normal. But also 2 times a gift promo.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:11 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Psychowildfire
2 times is normal. But also 2 times a gift promo.
3 times more likely

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.