Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a members account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a members account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a members account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the members account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a members duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:10 am

Oh well, while the wife was doing her make up here in WAW, I had nothing to do and called to claim a few missing flights. (I was saving this for the beach at Koh Samui next week, but..)

Called Avianca US at +18002842622. Spoke with Daniel over Skype. Excellent english, as helpful as as he can get. Took 15 minutes for 3 flights and it would have been quicker if I had the boarding passes in front of me instead of checking my emails for etix numbers, booking classes, dates, seat numbers (!) and so on. He submitted 3 claims with UA, told me this should take a few days to a maximum of 35 days.

Overall, surprisingly good experience, I will update when I get the miles posted. The guy even knew what SWU was.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Oh well, while the wife was doing her make up here in WAW, I had nothing to do and called to claim a few missing flights. (I was saving this for the beach at Koh Samui next week, but..)

Called Avianca US at +18002842622. Spoke with Daniel over Skype. Excellent english, as helpful as as he can get. Took 15 minutes for 3 flights and it would have been quicker if I had the boarding passes in front of me instead of checking my emails for etix numbers, booking classes, dates, seat numbers (!) and so on. He submitted 3 claims with UA, told me this should take a few days to a maximum of 35 days.

Overall, surprisingly good experience, I will update when I get the miles posted. The guy even knew what SWU was.
Cool. Thanks. Will call it in.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 6:24 pm

This is highly wishful thinking, but how often does LifeMiles have deals on like the 2-4-1 deal they had in May? I wasn't a member then which was annoying and so am eagerly awaiting the next one.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 6:26 pm

Every 3 months or so.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 3:57 am

And miles for all flights posted 2 days later. ^
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And miles for all flights posted 2 days later. ^
Great. Calling my flights in when I get back.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:58 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Anyone has LifeMiles' Star Alliance upgrade award chart?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:45 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by geclub1
Anyone has LifeMiles' Star Alliance upgrade award chart?
Check out this link: https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/inc/starupgawards.aspx
Old Jun 22, 2013, 2:48 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Have just joined life mile. On the list of regions I don't see where they class Russia as being. Do they count it as Europe?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:23 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
Yes. it's europe
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Originally Posted by ulus
Yes. it's europe
Thank you!
Old Jun 22, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: AA PLT, CC Concierge, A3*G
1) Is it possible to book a last minute LifeMiles award (less than 48/24 hours before departure)?

2) How long does it take for miles/taxes to get refunded when cancelling an award booking?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Peppep
1) Is it possible to book a last minute LifeMiles award (less than 48/24 hours before departure)?

2) How long does it take for miles/taxes to get refunded when cancelling an award booking?
1. Yes
2. From 2 weeks to 12 weeks is the normal turn around time.

Last edited by onlysuites; Jun 22, 2013 at 9:51 am
Old Jun 22, 2013, 3:41 pm

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
2. miles should be on your account in 48-72 h. Taxes 6-12 weeks
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by nicksname
Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.