Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a members account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a members account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a members account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the members account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a members duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Old May 9, 2013, 8:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
1) Which credit cards work. I am a Canadian and for the address fields for the Postal Code (I believe Lifemiles says area code after the city/State-Province) This field only allows for numbers no LETTERS. I believe my American Express uses the Postal code to verify the card.

2) Booking codes on Expertflyer. Is it standard O for First awards and I for Business on ALL star alliance partners?
Old May 9, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by smilee
1) Which credit cards work. I am a Canadian and for the address fields for the Postal Code (I believe Lifemiles says area code after the city/State-Province) This field only allows for numbers no LETTERS. I believe my American Express uses the Postal code to verify the card.

2) Booking codes on Expertflyer. Is it standard O for First awards and I for Business on partners?
1. I don't know what other Canadians do but I usually replace the characters by numbers. For example, I change V5C 0C2 to 50200. I successfully bought miles and booked tickets using that workaround several times with Amex card.

2. That's correct.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Hello,

I am from Brazil and really want to go to USA(no matter what city) in july or august(I`m very flexible).

I cannot find any seats on sale on any date I look for.

Can you help me, and teach how to search for it, i read something about Hiden cities but did not understod very well.

Thanks ans Sorry for my english.
Old May 25, 2013, 2:37 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I need a one way BKK FRA NYC and would like to make a stopover in FRA. As the booking engine doesn't let me book that, can I book a BKK (TG) FRA NYC (LH/SQ) straight through and then call the call center to change FRA NYC to a later date?

Is this allowed or will they then consider that as 2 separate flights?

Thx for any advice
Old May 25, 2013, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Olip
I need a one way BKK FRA NYC and would like to make a stopover in FRA. As the booking engine doesn't let me book that, can I book a BKK (TG) FRA NYC (LH/SQ) straight through and then call the call center to change FRA NYC to a later date?

Is this allowed or will they then consider that as 2 separate flights?

Thx for any advice
That's two separate awards, BKK-FRA, FRA-NYC. No stopovers of any kind with LM without raising the price.
Old May 25, 2013, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Weird data point....

LH flights not showing up for the 10th even though ANA showing it. Tried specifying LH and time it departs and still nothing. I search for say 25th and then click back to the 10th and it shows up. Go to get credit card and refresh it and flights vanish. Go to 25th and click back till 10th and flights come back again.
Old May 25, 2013, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
That's two separate awards, BKK-FRA, FRA-NYC. No stopovers of any kind with LM without raising the price.
Thx for the clarification. Not what I wanted to hear, but I feared it...
Old May 25, 2013, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by felipevella
Hello,

I am from Brazil and really want to go to USA(no matter what city) in july or august(I`m very flexible).

I cannot find any seats on sale on any date I look for.

Can you help me, and teach how to search for it, i read something about Hiden cities but did not understod very well.

Thanks ans Sorry for my english.
The Problem might be, that there a very few nonstops between Brazil and US and if you have a connection, then the classes have to match.
If one part in C and the other part is only available in F, the system doesn't show it.

I found a connection GRU - MIA on July 10th and on July 11th, but via BOG and PTY, therefore not very comfortable.
I would try the ANA tool first and then with Lifemiles
Old May 28, 2013, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did I get through to the wrong department this time?

Called up a couple of weeks ago and can't remember which number I pressed once connected (reservations or LM) anyway the guy was really good. Took around 30 minutes to do a cancellation. Had the miles in my account straightaway.

Did one a couple of days ago and this time the guy said that he could not do it manually he will pass it to another department who take 3 days. Ticket is still confirmed online.

What's your experience in this?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:10 pm
KRS

Trying to make a booking from OSL to HKT on SK + TG in C (via CPH), but after entering the passenger details the site keeps giving an error message.

At first I thought it was due to there being no Business Class on SK in Europe anymore, but even attempting to book the direct CPH-HKT on TG fails with the same error.

Any suggestions?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KRS
Trying to make a booking from OSL to HKT on SK + TG in C (via CPH), but after entering the passenger details the site keeps giving an error message.

At first I thought it was due to there being no Business Class on SK in Europe anymore, but even attempting to book the direct CPH-HKT on TG fails with the same error.

Any suggestions?
Have you verified the space is there and not phantom? try clearing your cookies/cache.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:02 pm
KRS

ANA is showing availability.
I have tried clearing cache/cookies, with Chrome and Safari on mac, and IE on Windows...
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Whats the easiest way to do a retro claim for a flight that did not post?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:57 pm

^ wondering that myself, although website clearly says to call or visit an office.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:10 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by mlqsko
^ wondering that myself, although website clearly says to call or visit an office.
Like many other things about LM, there's no clear policy on this. If you call, they'll tell you to send an email to the support team. They'll reply saying they don't have the ability to do it and only the call center can

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.