Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a members account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a members account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a members account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the members account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a members duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
3 times more likely
^
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Anyone else facing problems with the LM site. I can't get it to open for last 6hrs.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Anyone else facing problems with the LM site. I can't get it to open for last 6hrs.
Works for me. Are you trying to search?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 12:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Is anyone aware of a public award chart that is currently accurate, like a Google Docs one that someone has shared? Or anyone willing to share one that isn't public?

I've saved the mile requirements for some region pairs that interest me, but in award chart format it would be much more useful. Thank you!
Old Apr 28, 2013, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dre_techie
Is anyone aware of a public award chart that is currently accurate, like a Google Docs one that someone has shared? Or anyone willing to share one that isn't public?

I've saved the mile requirements for some region pairs that interest me, but in award chart format it would be much more useful. Thank you!
Do you mean something like this?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
this is not the newest award chart. Everyone must remember about january devaluation
Old Apr 28, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
I see the conversation here is at child's play level, the old master thread is missed...

I already have some regions and city pairs that interest me saved in a table, however I'm sure someone went through the published table systematically and saved a corrected version.

If by "like" you understand for it to look like a table, then yes (might be a little wide though). I would personally not have double entries for the ones where the two directions of travel have symmetrical mileage requirements.

If by "like" you understand that one you linked to, then clearly not since it fails the "currently accurate" part of what I asked.

Originally Posted by ulus
this is not the newest award chart. Everyone must remember about january devaluation
Well technically this is the newest award chart found on their website (or otherwise published online by them), however it is systematically incorrect now. As a matter of fact it was incorrect before January for some region pairs.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: SK EBD, AY Platinum
Has anyone been able to figure out how the maximum annual purchase limit of 150,000 miles is calculated? I bought 75,000 miles during the April promo, and received a 75,000 miles bonus. That's a total of 150,000.

When I made my first booking/redemption, I used a combination of miles and cash. The "fare" was 135,000 miles, and I used 55,000 miles and paid the rest in cash. When I look at my LifeMiles account activity, it lists my cash payment as "LifeMiles Earned - 80,000".

So, how many miles have I actually purchased so far, using the following numbers?

75,000 (original purchase)
75,000 (purchase bonus)
80,000 (miles from cash part of redemption)

A. 75,000 (original purchase)
B. 150,000 (original purchase + purchase bonus)
C. 155,000 (original purchase + miles from cash part of redemption)
D. 230,000 (original purchase + purchase bonus + miles from cash part of redemption)

Given the purchase limit of 150,000 miles, I'm guessing A. or B., but then again, not everything seems to "make sense" in the LifeMiles program.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JackieTrent
Has anyone been able to figure out how the maximum annual purchase limit of 150,000 miles is calculated? I bought 75,000 miles during the April promo, and received a 75,000 miles bonus. That's a total of 150,000.

When I made my first booking/redemption, I used a combination of miles and cash. The "fare" was 135,000 miles, and I used 55,000 miles and paid the rest in cash. When I look at my LifeMiles account activity, it lists my cash payment as "LifeMiles Earned - 80,000".

So, how many miles have I actually purchased so far, using the following numbers?

75,000 (original purchase)
75,000 (purchase bonus)
80,000 (miles from cash part of redemption)

A. 75,000 (original purchase)
B. 150,000 (original purchase + purchase bonus)
C. 155,000 (original purchase + miles from cash part of redemption)
D. 230,000 (original purchase + purchase bonus + miles from cash part of redemption)

Given the purchase limit of 150,000 miles, I'm guessing A. or B., but then again, not everything seems to "make sense" in the LifeMiles program.
The miles that you buy in the cash+miles are irrelevant I think to the annual limit.
Old May 1, 2013, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yerffej201
The miles that you buy in the cash+miles are irrelevant I think to the annual limit.
That's correct.
Old May 6, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Lifemiles, SPG, Marriott. LANPASS s*cks.
Combining I + O

I need to fly LHR-FRA-EZE, LHR-FRA is operated with a 2-class aircraft, while FRA-EZE uses the 744.

LHR-FRA has I (business) availability. Does not operate first class.
FRA-EZE has O (first) availability. It also has I.

I cannot book that combination. Call center tried to do it manually to no avail.

Is this confirmed?

Shall I get two different tickets for the extra price in order to enjoy LH F from FRA to EZE?

Any trick to minimize points to recover from the glitch?

Thanks in advance!
Old May 6, 2013, 11:01 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by leandrorar
I need to fly LHR-FRA-EZE, LHR-FRA is operated with a 2-class aircraft, while FRA-EZE uses the 744.

LHR-FRA has I (business) availability. Does not operate first class.
FRA-EZE has O (first) availability. It also has I.

I cannot book that combination. Call center tried to do it manually to no avail.

Is this confirmed?

Shall I get two different tickets for the extra price in order to enjoy LH F from FRA to EZE?

Any trick to minimize points to recover from the glitch?

Thanks in advance!

yes it has been confirmed around 300 to 400 times on this forum. mixed class is not allowed.
Old May 9, 2013, 1:48 am

I keep getting an error after I select my flights:
"Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.
Please try again.If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support."

Which number should I be calling to book by phone? I couldnt find a lifemiles support call center number.
Old May 9, 2013, 2:56 am

Programs: EB Diamond - QR Gold - FB Silver
Originally Posted by CkCrunch
I keep getting an error after I select my flights:
"Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.
Please try again.If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support."

Which number should I be calling to book by phone? I couldnt find a lifemiles support call center number.
This is from their website, I guess you are located in HKG as your profile suggests. I have not tried this number myself.

Good luck

Call Center Hong Kong
(852) 2861-1811
Old May 9, 2013, 8:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
1) Which credit cards work. I am a Canadian and for the address fields for the Postal Code (I believe Lifemiles says area code after the city/State-Province) This field only allows for numbers no LETTERS. I believe my American Express uses the Postal code to verify the card.

2) Booking codes on Expertflyer. Is it standard O for First awards and I for Business on partners?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.