Cancellation of Lifemiles ticket

Subscribe
Dear All,

I am encountering a long delay in cancelling a ticket to fix a name error (as posted in another thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...s-booking.html).

I called the TACA Hotline in USA on 2-March-2013 at around 2230 (GMT+8) to cancel the ticket. I was told I would be charged a refund fee of USD50 and keyed in my credit card details etc. After this call, I managed to see the affected passenger being taken out of the booking and thought the ticket has been cancelled.

However, on 6-March-2013, I still have not seen the miles refunded to my account, and found out thru the operating carrier that the ticket has not been cancelled yet. So I called the TACA US hotline again and was put thru similar process.

On both occasions, I was given a transaction approval code. Could it be my credit card will be charged twice?

But the main issue is, the ticket has still not been cancelled, and I am anxious to have it settled.

Would greatly appreciate if someone can give his/her valuable insights, opinions and advice with regards to this.

Thanks.
Same issue happening with me. Getting really fed-up with Lifemiles.
My suggestion to you is be patient.

I cancelled a lifemiles ticket. The operating carrier was United. The $50 cancellation fee posted in 1-2 days, but it took 5 days to be refunded the miles and taxes. Even after that, United.com showed "This reservation has been ticketed and confirmed". Only on the day of original departure, the ticket status became 'Refunded'. So in your case, your reservation may have been cancelled indeed and you are most likely to be charged that cancellation fee twice.
Managed to get my miles back by:

1. Emailing to the Lifemiles support ID, informing them of what had transpired.
2. Lifemiles noted that they did not have a record of this ticket being cancelled and asked me to forward them the CC statement.
3. Emailed a PDF copy of the CC statement and the authorisation number.
4. Miles refunded within 24hours.

Maybe you'll have to do the same as well.
Quote: Managed to get my miles back by:

2. Lifemiles noted that they did not have a record of this ticket being cancelled and asked me to forward them the CC statement.

Hi Tango3,

Thanks for your advice.

Yup, I have emailed them at the same time, and they asked for my credit card (without other details) number.

And it is now resolved and the miles are back.

Now, I have to verify that the refund fee is not charged more than once and take it up with them again if there is this issue.
Quote: Managed to get my miles back by:

What's their email address?
Quote: What's their email address?
[email protected]
Mucho patience is required with LifeMiles. I had to cancel a ticket and it took 4 or 5 days for the $50 to be processed and another couple of days for the mileage to be returned to my account Taxes took at least a couple of weeks.
Quote: [email protected]
Thanks
Anybody had any idea how long it will take for canceled tix availability to be returned back to the inventory for booking?

Trying to rebook the tickets after the cancellation.

Thanks?
I'm going through the same thing right now. 7 days since canceling, credit card was charged $50 but no refund/redeposit and the flight is still listed as confirmed on United.
It takes some time. I cancelled on Saturday morning and was advised it would take 24 to 48 hours. Emailed on Monday morning and was told another 24 hours to get it done. Nothing on Tuesday so another email and was told it was in the queue and would take 48 hours. Miles were back in account on Thursday morning.

My advice, follow up when the period they state has expired but expect it to take 5 to 7 days.
Anybody has idea when is the latest time to cancel a Lifemiles ticket
HI,

Can anyone advise if it is ok to cancel a Lifemiles ticket within 24hours of departure?

Thanks.
Quote: HI,

Can anyone advise if it is ok to cancel a Lifemiles ticket within 24hours of departure?

Thanks.
NO.

I cancelled 3 days out and they actually failed to cancel the ticket, and now I have lot of trouble getting my miles back.
I managed to cancel two days out. The booking was canceled but they did contact me a week later to recharge the card (failed to go through the first time).