Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by anythursday
I have never used Lifemiles and I am curious as there is a promotion going on. I searched up tickets from Toronto to HK with Eva Air on August 6/7? It's available - will I have troubles booking? Reason I am asking is I don't want to buy and be left with miles I cannot use..
Do you have a Lifemiles account? If not you probably won't be able to participate in the promotion, as it's usually not available to those who haven't been members for more than 14 days, and this promotion ends this month.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by jmoorfoot
Do you have a Lifemiles account? If not you probably won't be able to participate in the promotion, as it's usually not available to those who haven't been members for more than 14 days, and this promotion ends this month.
Can you obtain search results without an account?
Old May 19, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by Guvner067
Can you obtain search results without an account?
Used to be the case until 2015, but AFAIK not any longer. So good point, the OP must have had access to an account, so he would most likely also have access to the promotion in one way or another.

And @anythursday, yes, Eva Air is one of the "friendliest" airlines via LM.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:23 am

Is OS from C1-C2 or C2-C1 being blocked now? Availability was wide open on major routes as of earlier today. Then tonight, nada. Not even seeing it on intra-Europe.

Wondering if it's something wrong on Austrian's end? Not seeing availability when using United MP engine either.

Last edited by iluvdoco; May 20, 2017 at 12:47 am
Old May 20, 2017, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Is OS from C1-C2 or C2-C1 being blocked now? Availability was wide open on major routes as of earlier today. Then tonight, nada. Not even seeing it on intra-Europe.

Wondering if it's something wrong on Austrian's end? Not seeing availability when using United MP engine either.
That was odd. Whatever was going on with OS last night (all availability zeroed out) seems to have been fixed today...

Last edited by iluvdoco; May 20, 2017 at 6:22 am
Old May 26, 2017, 4:43 am

how 'easy' is it to redeem an award ticket ex-SIN on SQ to SFO/LAX?

i tried to search around July 2017 period.. dang. nothing on J or Y. then i thought maybe i was too 'late' since SQ (or other star alliance partners prob just leave too little seats for LM/partner award redemption).

so i chose July 2018 period.. dang. J or Y nothing. ok.. maybe i am too far ahead, more than 365 days from now.

so i searched May 2018 period or even April.. dang. J or Y nothing.

did anyone manage to find any flights on SQ ex-SIN?

ps: i am new to LM. but does your IP address (country of access) affect availability on its search engine?
Old May 26, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by hwsv07
how 'easy' is it to redeem an award ticket ex-SIN on SQ to SFO/LAX?
Impossible. SQ does not release these seats to partners. At one time LM seemed to enjoy special access to premium SQ redemptions, now, not really. Try searching for the SQ seats using another *A search engine (not UA, who doesn't show SQ online)...you won't find any.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Impossible. SQ does not release these seats to partners. At one time LM seemed to enjoy special access to premium SQ redemptions, now, not really. Try searching for the SQ seats using another *A search engine (not UA, who doesn't show SQ online)...you won't find any.
so is it even possible to book a award ticket on SQ using lifemiles?

for those periods i mention, class F J or Y are not available.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by hwsv07
so is it even possible to book a award ticket on SQ using lifemiles?

for those periods i mention, class F J or Y are not available.
it is possible to book SQ via LM. Regional flights are ok. And even some longer regional flights. But long hauls using premium product are virtually non-existent.
Old May 29, 2017, 1:30 pm

Unhappy Unable to complete award booking

I tried with 2 different browsers to book award from Europe to US. After i select the amount of miles and dollars and click continue i get this
Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.
Please try again.If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support.
What does it mean?
Old May 29, 2017, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by joanna j
I tried with 2 different browsers to book award from Europe to US. After i select the amount of miles and dollars and click continue i get this
Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.
Please try again.If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support.
What does it mean?
It means you are not able to complete the booking online.

If you want you can take screen shots of the itinerary/flights and email customer support to book.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by imverge

If you want you can take screen shots of the itinerary/flights and email customer support to book.
thank you
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by imverge

I want to book a NCE-VIE-ORD flight on OS in July. Lifemiles shows availability but then the usual error appears. What should I do to get this ticketed/booked? Would this work:
1. Take screenshot of itinerary
2. Email support with itinerary, account number, miles wanted to use (wanna do cash+points), and cc number

Anything else?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by oneworld82
I want to book a NCE-VIE-ORD flight on OS in July. Lifemiles shows availability but then the usual error appears. What should I do to get this ticketed/booked? Would this work:
2. Email support with itinerary, account number, miles wanted to use (wanna do cash+points), and cc number

Anything else?
Sometimes they ask for passport copy/ies but for sure they'll want the pax name / gender / date of birth for the reservation. Do NOT email your CC info, you'd need to call in once the reservation is made to pay.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by oneworld82

Anything else?
Are the seats of this connection also available on UA, AC or NH FFP? Don't check with LH MAM, they show more availability than other *A programmes.

Somtimes LM shows phantom availability, what would lead you to an error page in the booking process...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.