Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2013, 2:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by UAConcorde
NOT FINE
And it took two months to come up with that?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:37 am

Programs: Etihad Guest
I booked through the call centre. If you use Skype and call the US number, the call is free.

There is a higher booking fee, however, but it's worth it to be able to book.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:43 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by flippant
I booked through the call centre. If you use Skype and call the US number, the call is free.

There is a higher booking fee, however, but it's worth it to be able to book.
I'm assuming you booked a custom routing? And no, didn't notice any higher charges myself. Still $25 as it is on the website.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: Etihad Guest
I booked OSL-CPH-BKK-SYD and MEL-BKK-CPH-OSL. The online booking system consistently failed at the payment stage, so I just gave up and got on the phone.

After dropping out three times, I had it done within an hour.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:08 am

I'm having issues just with changing the date of a ticket. Outbound flown already, trying to change the inbound is a PITA.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by sporadic
I'm having issues just with changing the date of a ticket. Outbound flown already, trying to change the inbound is a PITA.

It works fine for me, just call the customer service and pay $150 for the change. The thing is it takes over 30 min to make a simple change on the phone.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 8:31 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Anyone got a data point?

Just booked LH biz tix. Payment created a PNR but didn't work. I called up and had to pay again (call centre fee waived)

Took about 30 mins to dig out my reservation and pay it

Anyone got an idea when it will be ticketed?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Anyone got a data point?

Just booked LH biz tix. Payment created a PNR but didn't work. I called up and had to pay again (call centre fee waived)

Took about 30 mins to dig out my reservation and pay it

Anyone got an idea when it will be ticketed?

Sometime in the next 4 days
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:21 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
Sometime in the next 4 days
Thanks, I got my tix this morning, along with a document saying the additional costs are not what I was told over the phone
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
At this point you have a booking, its just not paid for yet. Why would you go so far as to submiting passenger details then quitting ?
So is inventory removed only at the point where you enter passenger details? I routinely click on the flight option from the calendar and click on 'more cash' to see how much the flight will be with miles + cash, but don't go past that, so am I unwittingly removing inventory?

Is ANA the measuring stick for what is really available, whether LM is showing it or not?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Booked the outbound and inbound separately for flexibility, albeit with the extra booking fee.

However the 2nd payment failed returning an error. I hit the bakc button, and that solved it. Received e-mail conf quickly, and looks good on cmt.com

Booking for 2 pax, c+m. Funny thing is that instead of 4x one way c+m, acct shows 5x c+m. Will watch CC, and get back to LM after tickets issued.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by maverick17
So is inventory removed only at the point where you enter passenger details? I routinely click on the flight option from the calendar and click on 'more cash' to see how much the flight will be with miles + cash, but don't go past that, so am I unwittingly removing inventory?

Is ANA the measuring stick for what is really available, whether LM is showing it or not?
Thats fine. Its impossible to create a pnr without a name
Old Apr 9, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
PER-SIN-ICN-SFO in J

I can get the website to display SIN/ICN/SFO via SQ and OZ, but I need originating space PER-SIN on SQ. PER-SIN is available when viewing that segment separately on LM website. Also viewable using *A search on ExpertFlyer as well as other *A carrier websites.

Tried calling LM once, but got the runaround "if it's not viewable on the website, then it doens't exist, etc...".

Any suggestions before making further calls to them?

Thanks
Old Apr 9, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by BEAV
I can get the website to display SIN/ICN/SFO via SQ and OZ, but I need originating space PER-SIN on SQ. PER-SIN is available when viewing that segment separately on LM website. Also viewable using *A search on ExpertFlyer as well as other *A carrier websites.

Tried calling LM once, but got the runaround "if it's not viewable on the website, then it doens't exist, etc...".

Thanks
I would say you're pretty much out of luck. It's probably an itinerary you need US dividend miles for.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by BEAV

Thanks
Update.....

I never could get PER-SFO in J to show up on LM despite wrangling with their call center about the fact ALL flights were available if viewed separately. So made lemonade out of lemons and booked SIN-SFO in J with LM on SQ earlier today. Figured it was an omen to book PER-SIN separately so as to enjoy the city for a day (and overnight) instead of merely connecting.

First attempt to book SIN-SFO in J on LM website got an error code when I got to the page to submit payment. Uh oh. Started over again this time without any problem. A few hours later called SQ to see if they had me in their system, which they did. Asked how long does LM have to ticket the booking before SQ cancels the space, they replied 72 hours (which I had figured). Called LM back, told them I know it often takes 5-7 days to ticket but that I had just spoken to SQ and they said ticket within 24 hours () or lose the space! LM Agent put me on hold, contacted the department handling ticketing and they did it while I was on the phone. I had email w/ticket numbers before ending the call w/LM.

So a good ending despite their whacko website......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.