Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:09 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
I'm in Australia, what's the cheapest way of doing this without paying shipping on every 88ml bottle of shampoo...

Thanks.
I got 2 of the Petsmart Charities (see page 2) $1 on Paypal which is linked to an Aussie credit card. I am a dual citizen and used my US credit cards for everything else. NAB gets antsy about multiple small transactions online.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:24 am

Cool, that sounds great, thanks!

And you can do this an unlimited number of times for 250 miles each?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Cool, that sounds great, thanks!

And you can do this an unlimited number of times for 250 miles each?
If your bank doesn't freak out and think it's some kind of fraud.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:18 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum
greed kills

Originally Posted by yerffej201
I want a PM too!
A bunch of flyertalkers pounding away at the sites w/scripts would surely be a red flag. They may shut the whole thing down immediately.

I'd say it's comparable to "calling the airline", which is rightfully shunned around here.

Why does everyone have to be so greedy?

Last edited by stackm; Oct 14, 2012 at 1:40 am
Old Oct 14, 2012, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by stackm
A bunch of flyertalkers pounding away at the sites w/scripts would surely be a red flag. They may shut the whole thing down immediately.

I'd say it's comparable to "calling the airline", which is rightfully shunned around here.

Why does everyone have to be so greedy?
Shut down what? Your ability to give them your money because you assume you will get a particular result from doing so?

Unless the site makes some kind of blanket decision it's going to depend on what approach people used. Everyone should update us though on how many estimated miles show pending for your purchases. I actually don't mind when people take a gamble or get greedy, but I do have a problem when people present a situation as if it WILL absolutely result in something when they don't have a single person who can say they've received the miles and under what circumstances. I just hope there aren't poor saps throwing hundreds as their only chance to get a ticket they really need because some idiot blogger told them they were going to get miles rich.

Last edited by Yinzer; Nov 29, 2012 at 3:25 am Reason: ...
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Can't get beyond the petsonline payment page... Grr
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:24 am

I went in for 5 drugstore purchases - 3 above $1 and 2 below. If they post before the end of the month, I will get more aggressive
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:30 am

Any possibility of international shipping where they can consolidate your order and ship it to you at once (rather than paying individual shipping on 3 oz bottles of shampoo)?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Just bought an ebook but it isn't recorded in my purchase history?"
Old Oct 14, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
So, nobody has recieved credited miles yet? Do I understand correctly?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Does anyone know how long it takes for an order show up in the "My shopping history" tab in the LifeMiles estore?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by crimsonAA
I'm new to the LifeMiles game, so I have a zero balance. Minimum needed to redeem would be 12,500 for one-way domestic award, right?
12,500 miles also get you Asia if you do it right... (don't ask me how to do it, just offering the possibility)
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:16 am

Any possibility of international shipping where they can consolidate your order and ship it to you at once (rather than paying individual shipping on 3 oz bottles of shampoo)?
Well, you could just ship the stuff to a hotel in the USA. I assume you really don't want the shampoo.
The other option is gift cards that can be emailed to you and or book stuff you actually want. Marriott hotels, hotels.com, expedia all participate in this. You probably won't rack up 50 transactions that way, but you reduce your risk to zero since you are buying stuff you want/need.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by BigFatConductor
Well, you could just ship the stuff to a hotel in the USA. I assume you really don't want the shampoo.
The other option is gift cards that can be emailed to you and or book stuff you actually want. Marriott hotels, hotels.com, expedia all participate in this. You probably won't rack up 50 transactions that way, but you reduce your risk to zero since you are buying stuff you want/need.
Not all giftcards qualify. Read the disclaimer under each retailer. Pain in the rear, but before you buy 100 giftcards...
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:43 am

Website is down for me. Anyone else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.