Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is Avianca J?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:56 pm

Anyone have any further input on AV A330 J seats? Are they angled flat or recliner? Google Images doesn't bring up many pictures when searching. Thanks.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:08 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
-----

Last edited by JohnnyColombia; Nov 2, 2013 at 7:39 pm
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:32 am

Programs: SAA Voyager Platinum, LifeMiles Diamond, HHonors Silver, SPG Gold, Tsogo Sun Director
Originally Posted by infamousdx
Anyone have any further input on AV A330 J seats? Are they angled flat or recliner? Google Images doesn't bring up many pictures when searching. Thanks.
They are angled flat if you are interested I can get pictures of the cabin as soon as I get to a computer
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by cmte_valle
They are angled flat if you are interested I can get pictures of the cabin as soon as I get to a computer
Would love some pics if you have some available! They are hard to find.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: SAA Voyager Platinum, LifeMiles Diamond, HHonors Silver, SPG Gold, Tsogo Sun Director
Would love some pics if you have some available! They are hard to find.
The first photo is from Gianfranco Beting, a brazilian writer:

I have a couple shots from the cabin, which are kinda blurry as I forgot to turn HDR off on my iPhone:

Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: US CP, HH/SPG/MR Gold
MIA-BOG-MIA in J

Anyone take the MIA-BOG flight in J on an A330 recently?

It's a short 3.5 hours but can I expect a meal in both directions? Anything else other than a bigger seat, IFE and possibly free adult beverages?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: US CP, HH/SPG/MR Gold
Originally Posted by NotThatGuy2012
Anyone take the MIA-BOG flight in J on an A330 recently?

It's a short 3.5 hours but can I expect a meal in both directions? Anything else other than a bigger seat, IFE and possibly free adult beverages?
Well, I'll answer my own question now that I have taken the flight. It might help someone else on this route.

Yes - full meal both flights. Decent but not great food. Choice of beef, chicken and fish. Strangely the distributed menu did not exactly match the food. Some language barriers so verbal description from the FA was limited to "beef, chicken, fish." Beverages of all kinds provided and served but no menu of beverage choices that I could find and language barrier restricted choices to "red or white."

Nice flight with good IFE. Entirely different selection of recent movies compared to the other 8 international flights on various other airlines I've taken over the last two months (which all had the same movies). Decent screen size, noise-cancelling headphones.

Seats not fully flat but comfortable enough for a decent nap. Blanket and pillow. No amenity kit on this short flight.

Both legs completely full in C since they give free UG's to their higher level frequent flyers.

According to the two AV FF's I sat next to this A330 is vastly more comfortable than the other planes flown to their US destinations. It certainly was far better than United's 737's I took to IAH-BOG last year on old domestic F seats. And at a better price.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:09 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
No amenity kit on this short flight.
I am not sure that is by design. Admittedly IAD BOG is a longer flight by about 2 hours but I got a nice little kit with lip balm, toothpaste, tissues and stuff.

It even had a little sticker that said "Wake me up to feed me"

I'd be surprised if they didn't factor such a kit into the MIA BOG route too. LAN certainly includes the amenity kit on this route. I am guessing, but more likely AV ran out of them for some reason.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 3:27 pm

Well, I'll answer my own question now that I have taken the flight. It might help someone else on this route.

Yes - full meal both flights. Decent but not great food. Choice of beef, chicken and fish. Strangely the distributed menu did not exactly match the food. Some language barriers so verbal description from the FA was limited to "beef, chicken, fish." Beverages of all kinds provided and served but no menu of beverage choices that I could find and language barrier restricted choices to "red or white."

Nice flight with good IFE. Entirely different selection of recent movies compared to the other 8 international flights on various other airlines I've taken over the last two months (which all had the same movies). Decent screen size, noise-cancelling headphones.

Seats not fully flat but comfortable enough for a decent nap. Blanket and pillow. No amenity kit on this short flight.

Both legs completely full in C since they give free UG's to their higher level frequent flyers.

According to the two AV FF's I sat next to this A330 is vastly more comfortable than the other planes flown to their US destinations. It certainly was far better than United's 737's I took to IAH-BOG last year on old domestic F seats. And at a better price.
I believe the level of service suffers from having all the elites in the premium cabin but I hope they don't change their policy which has been making my trips to Colombia much better and also making me route through BOG or LIM more often than I normally would.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:19 pm

In case anyone is wondering, I just took 2 flights on Avianca A330 J JFK-BOG & BOG-LIM. Pretty pleased with the product.

http://thehustleblog.com/2014/02/28/...k-bogota-lima/
Old Mar 1, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
In case anyone is wondering, I just took 2 flights on Avianca A330 J JFK-BOG & BOG-LIM. Pretty pleased with the product.

Nice post, thanks for letting us know.. Safe Travels
Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:46 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Thumbs up Great Post!!!

Thanks for your Trip Report (-:

Seems like the breakfast "failure" may have been a result of the catering at JFK???
Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
BOG - EZE, J
3 choices of dinner entree, but no pre-arrival meal

EZE - BOG, J
3 choices of breakfast entree and small pre-arrival sandwich with a chocolate
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
ORD-SAL, SAL-UIO in J

I am taking the above route with Avianca J A319 and A320. If anyone interested I could post a trip report with pictures.
Anyone taken this route before?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by cmte_valle
The first photo is from Gianfranco Beting, a brazilian writer:

I have a couple shots from the cabin, which are kinda blurry as I forgot to turn HDR off on my iPhone:

Is it just me, or do these seats look really uncomfortable?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.