Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tylergupku
I bought a ticket but they put an extra "SRA" between my first name and last name. Will this be a problem when boarding the flight?

BTW, "SRA" means "Mrs" in Spanish but my flight is from Boston to Zurich and then to Shanghai.
It makes sense though to shorten senorita.
(Unlike French where you have M, Mlle, and Mme)
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I strongly recommend you to grow up a bit. The mods here don't like potty-mouthed youngsters too much.

Learn to recognise the difference between an opinion, which is what I expressed, and rudeness, which is what you have.

+1 with that !
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
+1 with that !
OMG...the irony!!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Haha. Right on I honestly think if they allowed mixed-class redemption it would become my program of choice - I would accept the half-broken website, agents that compete for IQ with an average cactus and a complete disregard for logic in some of the offered routings, and then I'd stop being idiotically focussed on collecting Amex MR and Aeroplan and just buy points when I need them and move on with life. Sigh.
life is not this easy. eventually, the price to buy miles will raise, the award chart will be devalued - if it still publishes one (delta managed not to publish an award chart for over an year, and when it did, there was a MASSIVE devaluation). as long as you want to fly premium cabin cheaper, u will have to deal with this. a simple solutuin would be to start flying in Y.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by pbd456
a simple solutuin would be to start flying in Y.
Well, there's rude...and then there's that...shame on you!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
OMG...the irony!!
haha indeed! his reputation precedes him
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:25 am

Hi everyone, BMI refugee here. I'm interested in buying some miles in the 100% bonus for a one way from the US to UK. Can you help me with a few questions?

1) Do lifemiles charge YQ etc?? Lets say i booked UA ORD-BRU connecting to SN BRU-MAN, online, which i've already found on the website, will there be a follow up page wanting to charge me a small fortune?

2) I've become rather rusty with finding award inventory. Moreover, lifemiles appears to show what it likes half the time. So do you have any tips on getting from N.America to MAN week commencing 10th June, in C, least hastle/best hard product. Ideally from the YUL area or LAS area.

Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by dannyrado
1) Do lifemiles charge YQ etc??
No YQ. 25$ fee.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 5:01 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
You can search for a flight first and buy the points if it looks ok, then repeat the search immediately and buy the fare as the points credit at once.

You can specify the airline and/or the departure time to get different results with AV. But in the end it's often easier to buy just the long leg on AV and pay a Y fare for the short one.

There's not many awards to MAN and you have to risk a connection in BRU or FRA. But AC864 YUL-LHR is available in C on 12.6, and UA958 ORD-LHR in F on 11.6. If you really want MAN the best bet is to start from an unlikely LH port like DFW or ATL, for example 11.6 DFW-FRA-MAN is available in C if you ask AV for LH flights
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by travelkid
No YQ. 25$ fee.
That's crazy, who pays apd ex UK then?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dannyrado
That's crazy, who pays apd ex UK then?
You do. He said no YQ.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by lallyr
You do. He said no YQ.
Yep, it was a separate question. I thought I'd just ask, since we appear to be getting away with YQ's, whether we were getting away with apd too. Worth a try.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by harryhv
You can search for a flight first and buy the points if it looks ok, then repeat the search immediately and buy the fare as the points credit at once.

You can specify the airline and/or the departure time to get different results with AV. But in the end it's often easier to buy just the long leg on AV and pay a Y fare for the short one.

There's not many awards to MAN and you have to risk a connection in BRU or FRA. But AC864 YUL-LHR is available in C on 12.6, and UA958 ORD-LHR in F on 11.6. If you really want MAN the best bet is to start from an unlikely LH port like DFW or ATL, for example 11.6 DFW-FRA-MAN is available in C if you ask AV for LH flights
Thanks, I'll have a play a around.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:24 am

I just purchased a ticket with a telephone agent earlier today. I was charged about $150 fee because I had to purchase the ticket over the phone. I am really curious to see what other tricks they are going to use besides increasing the amount of miles for redemption which has already happened.

Besides, they seem not to want to change their cash-for-miles mode which they might consider as the most attracting feature of the program to FFS.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by tylergupku
I just purchased a ticket with a telephone agent earlier today. I was charged about $150 fee because I had to purchase the ticket over the phone. I am really curious to see what other tricks they are going to use besides increasing the amount of miles for redemption which has already happened.

Besides, they seem not to want to change their cash-for-miles mode which they might consider as the most attracting feature of the program to FFS.
The $150 fee for telephone booking appears to be a new change :-(

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.