Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule/seat map mismatch?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Schedule/seat map mismatch?

I booked a UA award ticket ORD-ICN-HKG for early November. ORD-ICN is in new F and ICN-HKG is in C on a 2-cabin flight. According to my itinerary on united.com and the flight schedule on asiana.com, the a/c for ICN-HKG is 747. However, the seat map for online seat selection appears to be A330 (no F, 5 rows of C, no upper deck). OZ does operate A330 on this route but on different days. Perhaps it doesn't matter much on this short flight, but I'm curious if OZ experts here have any insights. I selected 2K just in case it's indeed a 747.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Yes this type of thing seems to happen every once in awhile. I believe it may just be that updated info has not trickled down to all areas.

So which aircraft will it be? I am sure you already know that the airline can change the aircraft anytime, however having said that, I would check historical data such as Flightstat or FlightMapper web sites.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Update: apparently the seatmap switched to 747 and now matches the itinerary and timetable. Yesterday I noticed that my seat assignment had disappeared on united.com, but online seat assignment didn't accept my ticket # this time, so I called OZ. I was given a choice of 3A in lower deck or 7K in upper deck and I grabbed 3A because it sounded like an F seat . Hopefully they don't change the a/c to 330!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.