Selecting Seats?

Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Selecting Seats?

I want to select my seats for December, but everytime I click on a seat I like it says my seats have already been assigned? Any idea how to work this thing?

Now I got it working, but it's loading FOREVER!?!?!?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
You're wasting your time trying to do it on the website. The best thing is just to call them, I do this every time I fly Asiana and never have a problem.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doug_1970
You're wasting your time trying to do it on the website. The best thing is just to call them, I do this every time I fly Asiana and never have a problem.
Thanks...I ended up calling them. Which plane configuration is correct, seatguru.com, or asianas? Because I booked seats 40c, and 40d based on Asianas own site, but seatguru shows it as i SHOULD book seats 41c and 41d??
Old Apr 19, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by Beanerdawg
Thanks...I ended up calling them. Which plane configuration is correct, seatguru.com, or asianas? Because I booked seats 40c, and 40d based on Asianas own site, but seatguru shows it as i SHOULD book seats 41c and 41d??
I'd believe OZ over seatguru as far as row numbering is concerned. Agree that calling OZ is the only way to really setup your seats in advance.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 2:43 am

Programs: EBG
I got confirmed seating on their website, do I still have to call them to be sure?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I just booked an F award ticket through UA, for JFK-ICN. How should I go about selecting seats? I spent about ten minutes on the OZ website, but did not see anywhere to enter my PNR and select seats...
Old Apr 21, 2011, 4:46 am

The website's a waste of time and even bigger of a waste in any environment besides IE+windows.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Has anyone been able to pre-reserve a seat on the A320 (C class)?

I just booked a trip with OZ (B767 to A320) and was only able to get my seat for the wide body segment. I have never flown an OZ A320/321 (not all that excited about trying it out for 5.5 hours either) and was hoping to avoid the bulkhead.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:58 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by BardK
I got confirmed seating on their website, do I still have to call them to be sure?
I've never had a problem when it was confirmed on the website.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I just booked an F award ticket through UA, for JFK-ICN. How should I go about selecting seats? I spent about ten minutes on the OZ website, but did not see anywhere to enter my PNR and select seats...
As many have said, this can be a bit of a pain. Look under the drop down menu from "Information and Services" on the main page. There's a link for online seat assignment (http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...?fid=INFO13000). To use this, you need to get the OZ PNR from UA, but you also need to have an Asiana Club membership number. So you just need to sign up if you don't have one.

A couple notes. Use internet explorer or it won't work (and I think some have said more recent versions of IE can have problems too). Also be aware that many seats are blocked. For example, I got my ticket in March for a July flight and 18/24 seats were blocked in business class.

Do they give you access to more if you call?
Old Apr 23, 2011, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by DaveSFO
As many have said, this can be a bit of a pain. Look under the drop down menu from "Information and Services" on the main page. There's a link for online seat assignment (http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...?fid=INFO13000).

A couple notes. Use internet explorer or it won't work (and I think some have said more recent versions of IE can have problems too). Also be aware that many seats are blocked. For example, I got my ticket in March for a July flight and 18/24 seats were blocked in business class.

Do they give you access to more if you call?
Gave OZ a call, as the website would not let me select seats. It told me to contact the OZ call center in the US.. Agent told me I was put into 2K. The only downside, is that I can not find a seatmap for the new F seat on the 777. Any ideas?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:59 pm
k-y

Programs: AS MVP
Apologies for the necro revival, but 7 years later, and you still cannot do online seat assignment on either of the 3 browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge).
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by k-y
Apologies for the necro revival, but 7 years later, and you still cannot do online seat assignment on either of the 3 browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge).
While the OZ website is very frustrating, on this, you're wrong. you can assign seats online, whether that be on Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (haven't used Edge).
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by k-y
Yes, you can. Just that they block first 4 or 5 row seats are blocked which can be assigned during checking in, except those paid preference seats.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: Qantas, Singapore Airlines
Choosing seats in Economy

Can you choose your seats online regardless of fare type in Economy?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.