Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

best Lounge ICN / ORD Premier Gold need 2 extra ppl access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier Gold -- Asiana Silver -- Thai Silk-- JAL -- ANA

I am a UA premier gold flying OZ economy HND - ICN - ORD // ORD - ICN - NRT ( & Asiana Silver)
with my 3 kids age 10yrs, 11yrs & 14 years old

Since I am UA premier gold, I can use any Star alliance lounge but am only allowed 1 guest, so that leaves me with 2 more kids to get in.
we have an 11 hour layover at ICN and departing from ORD

What are my best options to get all 4 of us in to a lounge and which ones are best to use at ICN /ORD.

We fly all over asia but usually have my husband with me who is also a UA gold, so its easier to get in only 1 extra kid.
we haven't flown into ICN or ORD in a few years, so in am not sure my best options.

Thanks in advance for your time
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: None anymore
The Asiana lounge in the main terminal is really great. I'm not sure you want to spend 11 hours there, but there are also transit hotels airside that you can check out. With 11 hours you can even make it into the city to sightsee for a bit, might be more difficult with children though.

In terms of getting everyone in, I believe day passes are only 30,000W per person. Or, if you have Priority Pass you can get in for free. The Asiana lounge is Priority Pass eligible.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
You can also pay for access to The Hub lounge for 35,000W. Most people hate on the Asiana lounge in the main terminal, but personally, I would go there over The Hub. The one time I went to the Hub, there was a line to get in and it was like a restaurant. No feeling of lounge whatsoever.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I was short on time so just hit Asiana at Concourse A. Food was basic, cold simple sandwiches, some warm rice and veggies. Nice interior, no windows.

Nice thing was the 6 of us could enter with Priority Select (Chase Reserve).
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
I was short on time so just hit Asiana at Concourse A. Food was basic, cold simple sandwiches, some warm rice and veggies. Nice interior, no windows.

Nice thing was the 6 of us could enter with Priority Select (Chase Reserve).
That lounge is pretty basic given that it doesn't even service Asiana flights, it's only for *A carriers, so they don't put much effort into it.

Their main terminal lounge is very nice though.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier Gold -- Asiana Silver -- Thai Silk-- JAL -- ANA
Thanks for info and your reply! Cheers.
Originally Posted by warrenw
That lounge is pretty basic given that it doesn't even service Asiana flights, it's only for *A carriers, so they don't put much effort into it.

Their main terminal lounge is very nice though.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 34mimi
Thanks for info and your reply! Cheers.
We only had 20 minutes, but my teens were satisfied with the food and drinks and wifi.

With that much time I would explore the rest of the airport. There is a movie theatre and maybe bowling.

For an adventure, the fish market stalls are interesting and not far from the airport.

Getting downtown is cheap by regular train but takes a good hour each way. Really depends on your energy and time of day. Insadong is fun.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
The lounge is quite mediocre in terms of amenities. Food is very average, though they have little bottled drinks which are very convenient to take onboard. The lounge has nice decor but gets boring very quickly. The shower is nice, but there's a pretty long wait time often. I wouldn't spend 11 hours in the lounge, if you have a day layover head to Seoul. It's a nice city to be in for 6-7 hours, and you can have a really nice meal and see downtown. There are many busses that leave to the city center throughout the day.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
11 hrs at ICN. If you can, try getting out of the airport and exploring. There are some excellent free transit tours the airport offers.

If you are set on staying at the airport, there are more things to do if you can go through immigration. Once past immigration, get to the B1 level and head towards the airport trains. There is a movie theater, restaurants, ice skating ring (not real ice), a free maglev that takes you to the surrounding area (on top floor). Also a sauna/spa where you can also rent a sleeping room if you need to rest. They were making an hourly sleep hotel near the maglev entrance. I am not sure if that is open yet.

If staying airside, then your choices are limited. There is a transit hotel. But also consider the 4th floor. There are usually reclining chairs and a rest area that is free for everyone, along with free showers.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:34 am

There are no great lounges in ICN. At least if you want to compare to HKG or HND/NRT. You should just leave the airport.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by warrenw
The Asiana lounge in the main terminal is really great. I'm not sure you want to spend 11 hours there, but there are also transit hotels airside that you can check out. With 11 hours you can even make it into the city to sightsee for a bit, might be more difficult with children though.

In terms of getting everyone in, I believe day passes are only 30,000W per person. Or, if you have Priority Pass you can get in for free. The Asiana lounge is Priority Pass eligible.
Really? I found it crowded, not well appointed, and with lacking food choices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.