Wiki Posts
Search

Flyasiana website still a pos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Flyasiana website still a pos

It is worse than pulling hair out...
Who designed this flyasiana website anyway?
The interface is terrible, super slow, never able to search well for flights.
Everytime it "cant find a flight", i have to input the entire itinerary all over again...
haizz...

Asiana should really invest some money to revamp their website.

I'll help them if they are interested.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yup, and half the time you can't pay either, as it errors out. Everything about the website seems backwards 😂
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
It is worse than pulling hair out...
Who designed this flyasiana website anyway?
The interface is terrible, super slow, never able to search well for flights.
Everytime it "cant find a flight", i have to input the entire itinerary all over again...
haizz...

Asiana should really invest some money to revamp their website.

I'll help them if they are interested.
We had a post while back about how terrible the site was and why most Korean websites suck so badly. One of the members enlightened us on why Korean websites, are so backwards in terms of usability and UI design and functionality. Essentially, the government meddled in the 90's and the country is still paying the price is what we were told.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by seat38a
We had a post while back about how terrible the site was and why most Korean websites suck so badly. One of the members enlightened us on why Korean websites, are so backwards in terms of usability and UI design and functionality. Essentially, the government meddled in the 90's and the country is still paying the price is what we were told.
Exactly and absolutely agreed, the site sucks. That said, amazingly, it is by far not the worst airline site out there. The JAL site is worse design-wise, but for me so far the 'honor' of worst airline website goes to Alitalia. I recently booked a flight there for the first time and it was appalling. The design looks sleeker than OZ, but there is almost no functionality, I couldn't even book an open jaw ticket.

I then called the German call center and got some of the worst service in my life...
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by seat38a
That meddling is still ongoing because retired government employees will get post-retirement jobs in dubious software companies that sell dubious government-mandated 'security' software.

It's gotten to the point where one of the presumptive presidential candidates for the early elections this May has made fixing that problem one of his prime election promises
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Asiana is the only airline that I have flown so far that requires a visit to the travel agent due to such a crappy website. All others, I have booked online directly.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jon503
I then called the German call center and got some of the worst service in my life...
That's where I've found Asiana to be quite good. Both the Korean and US call centers are very pleasant experiences. The wait time for the US office can be a bit long, but service is always very decent.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Yes, indeed the Asiana website is primitive. Seat selection is another idiocy. I had been booked on a specific seat a month ago. There was an equipment change a few days ago that was not reflected in my itinerary and of course a seat was reassigned. No notice, no option to change online even if I wanted to. This is just another reason, why this last flight will hopefully be my last with OZ. Then again, business class on Asiana on my SE Asia routes is like a trip back to carriers 20 years ago with out of date IFE systems, and seats that were "modern" back in the 90's.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: None anymore
I had an issue where they wouldn't let me make the reservation so I had to call them, but they wouldn't accept my "foreign" credit card so I had to go through the US call center - it ended up being a huge, huge mess and made me hate life.

Otherwise I usually don't have many issues with their website.... But I totally agree that the interface SUCKS.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: None anymore
Update: booked a RT yesterday and their website has improved dramatically.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:30 pm

Meanwhile, KE's site is possibly one of the best after they made a ton of updates (in last two years I think?)
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I have a one-way flight tomorrow 4/28/17 HKG-ICN-LAX. I have entered the APIS info 3 times on the website in the last 2 weeks but it never stuck. After a day, it default back to my being a female Korean with a Korean passport while I am a male U.S. citizen. Any advice on how to make the revisions permanent?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
First, try Internet Explorer or the app. Then, if it doesn't stick, you'll just have to call them.

BUT shouldn't it be blank before you enter anything?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
First, try Internet Explorer or the app. Then, if it doesn't stick, you'll just have to call them.

BUT shouldn't it be blank before you enter anything?
No, the fields were populated already with even the passport number and expiration date filled in. I'll leave it for Asiana to deal with it when I check in today. Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:57 am

FF# was missing from eticket

Here's a weird bug i hit last month when i booked a ticket. The eticket was missing the frequent flyer number even though i was 100% i was logged in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.