Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Better earning points with same airline and mileage card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2016, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Hello.

I am currently holding Asiana Diamond card (a Gold Star Alliance). I fly frequently to East Asia using Turkish Airline.

Question: When I fly with Turkish Airline, do I earn more points in Star Alliance by using a Turkish mileage card than earning them with Asiana mileage card? Let's assume they are the same flight class.

Question 2: If no to previous question, how about other airlines when I use Asiana card to earn points?

Thanks for your advice.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Welcome to FT geohunting. I believe this belongs in the Asiana forum, so I have alerted Mods.

When figuring out what tickets will earn what points on what partners www.wheretocredit.com is a great resource.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: *G
Welcome to FT.

Question 1:
Each airline's program has different earning rules. You can calculate yourself by looking at mileage earning table and respective program's terms and conditions.

Question 2:
Same answer as above.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: MU Gold / CZ Gold / A3*G / TK*G
If you have already have SA*G with Asiana Club. Keep with Asiana and then easy for you to get more points for your reward tickets. TK points only valid for 3 years. I don't think this is better than Asiana
Old Dec 11, 2016, 10:38 pm

Programs: AC,OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by stevensym
If you have already have SA*G with Asiana Club. Keep with Asiana and then easy for you to get more points for your reward tickets. TK points only valid for 3 years. I don't think this is better than Asiana
Correct - Asiana has a 10-12 year expiry period for miles, depending on your status. If you're Diamond, that means you are flying 50K or more every two years. Depending on how you like to redeem your miles, a 3-year expiration period might not be long enough for you to accumulate the amount of miles you need.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by izikk
Correct - Asiana has a 10-12 year expiry period for miles, depending on your status. If you're Diamond, that means you are flying 50K or more every two years. Depending on how you like to redeem your miles, a 3-year expiration period might not be long enough for you to accumulate the amount of miles you need.
Correct, only it's still 40K miles on *A or 50 Asiana segments, in a period of 2 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.