Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana elite status confusion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus, AAdvantage, Club Premier, Hertz, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, SPG.
Asiana elite status confusion

Hello,

I'm having a hard time trying to understand how to get Asiana Status, I've been researching in the forums but still I'm not quite sure.

This is the information in my account:

Membership Status Silver
Performance Calculation Period Date 2013/08/08
Performance Calculation Period 2013/08/08 ~ 2015/08/31

Recently I flew 21844 miles with Asiana and Start Alliance and credit to Asiana Club.

I was not aware of this calculation period. If my miles were credited after the calculation period,does this means that despite having more than 20000 miles I'll never be upgraded to Asiana Gold? Does this calculation period re-starts ever?

Many thanks in advance!

Esteban
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:57 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Your qualification period was reset when the last ended, so your current period runs until August 2017.

Double check that the booking class on the airline you flew earns miles and if so and you have not received the miles then send in a retroactive mileage credit via the Asiana website. If you were flying discounted economy, you may not be earning 100pc miles and thus be short of the threshold.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus, AAdvantage, Club Premier, Hertz, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, SPG.
Thank you THD.

All segments were on SQ on C class fare codes D and U, all miles posted to my account on time and these segments alone are more than 20000 miles.

I'll have to contact Asiana.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE, AA, UA, *G
If you earned those 21844 miles after your qualification period was reset on September 1, 2015, then you should have attained OZ Gold status this qualification period (which lasts until August 31, 2017). When you attain OZ status it is valid for the remainder of the current period (i.e. August 31, 2017) and then for the following period as well. So, if I'm understanding correctly, you should have OZ Gold already, and you will keep it until August 31, 2019.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by estebanm
Thank you THD.

All segments were on SQ on C class fare codes D and U, all miles posted to my account on time and these segments alone are more than 20000 miles.

I'll have to contact Asiana.
So all the miles have been credited to your account, but you are still OZ Silver? Status should be updated automatically to reflect miles flown...

This is the worst-case scenario, but did you fly some of your miles BEFORE the 31 August reset date and some AFTER 1 September?

In that case, while you flew over 20,000 miles cumulatively, they may be spread over 2 separate qualification periods, meaning you don't have enough miles to reach the next status level.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
There's also a delay of up to about 3-7 days before the status upgrade gets into the system. If your date happened during the time the systems are still talking to each other then you may have to have the Asiana Club reps fix it manually which takes a day or so. If that's what happened try to get them credited on this period so you get an extra couple of years out of your Gold status as slimjin suggested.

Good Luck.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Hello,

Thanks for your comments. I sent and inquiry through Asiana web site and this is what they said:

Regarding your inquiry, we sincerely apologize some technology error on our system. Now the technology error has been fixed. It did update as GOLD member for your account.

So it was a mistake from Asiana, probably I hit the 2000 miles when they were doing some works on their website.

Now I have Asiana gold status until 08/2019.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 11:50 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
glad it has been fixed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.