Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Question for first class mean LAX-ICN

Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K

Hi,

I was wondering if steak and lobster is still offer on this route for first class passengers? If so, does it require calling ahead to reserve the lobster course? Also debating between Bibimbap and the Steak/Lobster...which one do you prefer?

Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Hi,

I was wondering if steak and lobster is still offer on this route for first class passengers? If so, does it require calling ahead to reserve the lobster course? Also debating between Bibimbap and the Steak/Lobster...which one do you prefer?

Thanks!
Depends on you, but since you are coming to Korea anyway, then I'd forget about the bibimbap and have some while you're in the country.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Just fyi, the gochujang sauce mixed with the bibimbap can overpower much of the flavors of other dishes and/or drinks. So if you are having wine with bibimbap, the gochujang sauce may not compliment even the strongest wines. Of course you can use gochujang sparingly when mixing with bibimbap but it seems part of the appeal of the dish is to have some heat (spice) with each bite.

Last edited by nme7; Sep 30, 2016 at 1:20 am
Old Sep 13, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by erik19283
Depends on you, but since you are coming to Korea anyway, then I'd forget about the bibimbap and have some while you're in the country.
I second this, you can get much better bibimbap for well under 10USD when in Korea, I'd go for one of the Western choices.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 5:31 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
yeah, i'd skip the bibimbap in F.

tbh, I always have a giggle at the idea of bibimbap in the luxury of F...and even in the C cabin. historically and culturally (even up to 50 years ago), bibimbap was usually the staple of the lower/poorer classes as it was a quick meal using leftover side dishes. some of my parents' friends still snobbishly refuse to eat bibimbap as they consider it "beneath" them...
Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by nme7
So if you are having wine with bibimbap, the gochujang sauce may not compliment even the strongest wines.
yes. best to pair your bibimbap with a nice soju.....
it'll cleanse the palate between spicy bites.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Forget the bibimbap. It's the same bibimbap you see in Y/J/F. Difference is larger portion, fancier bowls and appetizers. I usually like picking the cultural food of the airline in this case Korean but bibimbap is such an shame to even serve that as your mainline food.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Hi,

Thanks!
I believe lobster is gone from OZ F (doesn't matter what route) as a regular entre for close to 10 years now due to cost cut.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I believe lobster is gone from OZ F (doesn't matter what route) as a regular entre for close to 10 years now due to cost cut.
They had it on LAX-ICN when I flew it in 2014. Nothing special though. Caviar was best part of the meal.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:37 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Might not be completely gone - I also had a version of of the lobster LAX-ICN in 2012.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:43 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Might not be completely gone - I also had a version of of the lobster LAX-ICN in 2012.
Airline menus can change a lot in 4 years. Some airlines change them at least once every month.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:12 pm

The Royal Korea Cuisine should be skipped. Take the western dish.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:55 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Airline menus can change a lot in 4 years. Some airlines change them at least once every month.
Of course. But the beef tenderloin dish on Air Canada International Executive Class has been around for almost 10 years now in the same variation

Some can be a signature dish - I got the impression that the lobster was based on past research, similar to the biminibap.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Forget the bibimbap. It's the same bibimbap you see in Y/J/F. Difference is larger portion, fancier bowls and appetizers. I usually like picking the cultural food of the airline in this case Korean but bibimbap is such an shame to even serve that as your mainline food.
Yea, I never understood why some bloggers rave about the bibimbap.
Maybe in the same vein of getting free ShakeShack on DeltaOne
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Yea, I never understood why some bloggers rave about the bibimbap.
To me the bibimbap is as bad as an legacy carrier calling it the "Royal American Meal" and than you get get mash potatos, macaroni, and Texas BBQ Briskets instead of Galbi.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.