Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 Business Class - which cabin?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 1:08 am
Original Poster

A380 Business Class - which cabin?

I'm riding business class on their A380 for the first time to LAX soon. I've checked seatguru so I can tell which are the true windows seats but I see that there are two cabins for this class. Is it better to get a seat in the forward or rear cabin? I'm thinking it might be more quiet in the forward cabin since there are less seats but would like to hear from others based on experience.
Old May 24, 2016, 2:09 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
If you're in the window seats that are directly next to the window itself and so separated from the aisle by the table, either business cabin is fine. It's not like there's a party in the bigger rear cabin! ��
The forward business section is more intimate, but be aware that for some reason, this is the cabin that passengers with babies are seated.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Your comment about having a party made me laugh. Thank you, sol95! I will keep that in mind. 😊
Old May 25, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: CX MPC
If I recall correctly, their entire J class is located on the second level.

I enjoyed being in the forward cabin and on the right with a window seat. There are generally fewer babies in J, but I have seen them before. Invest in a good pair of QCs and it's generally pretty quiet.

If you get a screamer, chances are the parent(s) will bring the child to the "lounge" away from the general cabin.

If it's your first time on the A380, you'll be really surprised as to how quiet the upper level is compared to other aircraft.

Enjoy the trip! I've found that OZ FAs tend to offer incredibly awesome service without being overly intrusive. One of my favorite airlines if I choose to connect through ICN instead of a long-haul direct flight. Some of their hardware might be somewhat dated compared to the competition, but their soft service is absolutely world class. My bias for them might be because many years ago...I was probably one of the screamers on their flights that used to have a technical stop in Anchorage
Old May 25, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Keep in mind that the galley is between the two sections. Granted the flight crew won't be having loud conversations, but there can be some noise that may distract or interrupt your sleep. I would avoid the back of the rear section because of the proximity to four bathrooms. My choice would be either row 8 or 17.
Old May 29, 2016, 3:37 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
I have sat in both. A window seat next to the window and off the aisle is best for a single traveler. That said I prefer the the forward cabin as the lav/pax ratio is better, and the forward cabin has the large A380 lav.

SL
Old Jun 5, 2016, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies!

Heyheyha, ever since I had babies of my own, I've been much more understanding of crying babies. Really looking for this flight as I've also been unable to watch a whole movie uninterrupted for 3 years now.

Nme7, what a coincidence because I had actually been considering 8 and 17! Unfortunately, 8 was taken so I decided on 10 instead. There is still row 11 behind me before the galley, so I guess that is enough space between me and the galley?

Thanks for the points you raised, SL. I've never been in a business class cabin with that many seats so the pax/lav ration is something to think about.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:56 pm

mcgrath enjoy that flight. The wife and I flew ICN-HKG in OZ J seats 7/8K and while we were deliriously tired and hungover from one too many in F on the way to ICN, we still had an enjoyable ride. Food, seat, service were all superb. The wife is now pregnant and we've already discussed for future flights, we are buying a box of disposable earplugs to hand out on board if need be
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:36 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I have been in row 16 in the second cabin and it was certainly quiet enough.

I can't comment on the front cabin, although I generally prefer larger cabins over the smaller mini cabins myself.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:58 am

Asiana A380 business class seat 17K

Originally Posted by nme7
My choice would be either row 8 or 17.
When I made my booking, I selected a row with a table separating me from the aisle for more privacy. Also, I prefer to sit closer to a window and make use of the storage bin at the window seats. So I selected row 17K, coincidentally one of your recommendations. Do you recall if 17K has a window directly next to the seat or is the window misaligned as it is for many rows in Asiana's A380 business class?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
I believe this is a picture I took from 17K. There is also a window (not shown in picture) directly to the right of the seat. That view is more or less directly over the right wing. For me, I had to lean forward to get a view out the window.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
If you had the choice would you fly in Business on the A380 or in F on Asiana? I have the opportunity to fly on it from LAX soon, but I kind of like the novelty idea of flying up top Any thoughts? Is the service or seat that much better?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
If you had the choice would you fly in Business on the A380 or in F on Asiana? I have the opportunity to fly on it from LAX soon, but I kind of like the novelty idea of flying up top Any thoughts? Is the service or seat that much better?
Upstairs on the 380 isn't special like it is on the 747 (IMO).

That said, I found the OZ F suite a little disappointing. It's large and private but I had difficulty finding a comfortable position for lounging.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
No question, go for the F. I have been in both 3+ times and agree with Kacee that upstairs on the 380 is nothing special, especially if compared to the 747 upstairs. Enjoy
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:21 pm

Is it true that there are no pajamas given out in J?

We're flying JFK-ICN on OZ and then TPE-JFK on BR, and BR does give out PJs, so I hate to take a pair with me just to wear on one flight. I know, first world problems.

If anyone cares, my partner and I are in 9 E/F, which is in the forward cabin. Never been on a A380 so I'm excited about that. Loved OZ F a few years ago so I have high expectations for this trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.