Wiki Posts
Search

Interlining in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Interlining in Seattle

I'm not sure if this belongs in the Asiana forum or Alaska forum. But if I'm going to book an award ticket from ICN to SEA and then buy a separate ticket from SEA to PDX on the Alaska shuttle, does Asiana and Alaska interline in Seattle for baggage? Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
You can try. The check-in desk at ICN may or may not tag your bag through to PDX if you show them your separate AS ticket SEA-PDX.

But from a practical standpoint it doesn't much matter as you will in any case have to claim your bag at SEA and get it through customs personally, then recheck it to PDX. If ICN refuses to check it all the way through, just present it yourself at the recheck desk on the other side of the customs checkpoint at SEA.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
You can try. The check-in desk at ICN may or may not tag your bag through to PDX if you show them your separate AS ticket SEA-PDX.

But from a practical standpoint it doesn't much matter as you will in any case have to claim your bag at SEA and get it through customs personally, then recheck it to PDX. If ICN refuses to check it all the way through, just present it yourself at the recheck desk on the other side of the customs checkpoint at SEA.
Thank you very much for the advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.