Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana cease to issue Plastic Membership Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana cease to issue Plastic Membership Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2015, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, OZ*S
Originally Posted by cypherpunks
My local Asiana office (Bangkok) also confirmed that they will not be sending plastic cards anymore. I asked if I can still request for one but they said no.

I also tried to request one from the LA office but they told me that they only mail the cards within the US.

I passed threshold for Diamond on August 10.
You can try to email Asiana via their website. They can help you to issue a new plastic card.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 6:14 pm

The Asiana club counters at ICN arrivals still issue cards(They'll issue one on the spot)...confirmed two weeks ago.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
And UA domestic lounges only require the ticket (electronic or physical) to validate your access. I've been doing it at LGA, JFK, EWR, OHR, BOS, SFO, MSP...
Old Oct 26, 2015, 8:49 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Apologies for resurrecting an older thread. Does anyone know whether there are still Asiana Club counters airside on departures. I will be passing through on transit with OZ in December and would like to collect a new card. I remember dealing with an Asiana club desk airside a few years ago but last time I was there I don't recall seeing the same desk. Would like to avoid passing through immigration and going landside just to collect the card.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, OZ Diamond, KE
Don't think so, but your best bet may be to head to the OZ lounge and check with them?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Asiana Club (US office) will issue plastic cards and post to members based outside the US in 'special cases' - I guess the trick is to persuade them you are a special case. Until all *A lounges and fast track entrances are happy to accept a virtual card or the number on the BP, it's better to have a physical card.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:13 pm

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond
Does OZ still send out plastic cards for elite members?

I've seen a couple of posts that said Asiana has stopped sending out physical membership cards for Silver members (Which is Asiana's base member level, it is NOT equivalent to *A Silver.), which makes sense, I believe NH is the only airline to still give membership cards to non-elite members. I haven't seen anything about whether or not they stopped sending cards to elite members as well, but have reason to believe that they don't since their mobile app has an option to show membership card. I will qualify for Gold status very soon and also plan to achieve Diamond status within the qualifying period as well. Has anyone attained those tiers recently? OZ's website says you will get something called a "Personal Guide Package" upon qualifying for elite status which includes a card as well as a bag tag, but their website doesn't strike me as one that's regularly updated.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No. See existing thread.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 5:13 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[/mod hat] Merging with the existing thread referenced by KF [/mod hat]
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: Asiana Airlines Diamond Plus (*A Gold), Korean Air Skypass, and Japan Airlines JAL Mileage Bank
I receive my Diamond Plus package without a card about a month ago. It had instructions which said if you want a physical card, you'll have to call and request it. I called the number and received my card a week later.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by Firestorm1
I receive my Diamond Plus package without a card about a month ago. It had instructions which said if you want a physical card, you'll have to call and request it. I called the number and received my card a week later.
Good to know, I hope they keep up this policy of at least issuing them on demand. The people checking the LH senator lounge in FRA still insist on plastic cards half the time. Besides that it just feels nice to have a physical card in my passport holder somehow
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *G, TG Silver, PG Priority
Originally Posted by Firestorm1
Firestorm, how long time did you wait to receive your Diamond Plus package from the day you got Diamond Plus status? (I became Diamond a few days ago).

thanks ^

Last edited by FranBkk; Jan 7, 2016 at 2:03 am
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: Some
Interesting to see what people have said.. I hit Gold a couple of months ago and didn't receive anything at all. However I hit Diamond on 25/12/15 and today received a plastic card in the mail 7/1/16. Sadly it is just a card and letter, no 'package' or luggage tags or anything to go with it. I know it isn't really necessary but I would still have liked luggage tags. Not to mention the card isn't the most aesthetically appealing either..

Last edited by subichow; Jan 7, 2016 at 1:12 am
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: Asiana Airlines Diamond Plus (*A Gold), Korean Air Skypass, and Japan Airlines JAL Mileage Bank
Originally Posted by FranBkk
Firestorm, how long time did you wait to receive your Diamond Plus package from the day you got Diamond Plus status? (I became Diamond a few days ago).

thanks ^
I don't remember exactly, but it didn't long. I think it was about 2 weeks after reaching Diamond Plus status.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA, CX, OZ
Just as a note of interest-

Hit Gold in early November, didn't receive anything for a couple months. Then proceeded to ask Asiana on Twitter about whether they still send out packages for Gold for which they replied they'll "resend" me one. Finally got my card and baggage tag in the mail after a 2-week wait since Twitter!

So I guess the packages (and the physical card) is available on request?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.