Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Does Asiana require a minimum number of flights specifically with them?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Asiana require a minimum number of flights specifically with them?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by Daxiuyi
Asiana Club is much less complicated than US airlines' mileage programmes. For determining status, the miles is based on OZ or *A airlines (# flights is OZ-only). This is one of the main attractions of OZ's FF programme (even if you're not based in Korea, or even fly OZ) because the requirements to maintain Diamond (equivalent to *G) are less onerous than other airlines.

As pointed out earlier, short answer to your question is 'zero'. If an SQ earns no miles on OZ, you get nothing. Have a check of the Asiana Club website to see how much fare classes of *A carriers earn (be careful with SQ; a lot of their promotional fare classes earn no miles even for KrisFlyer, let alone Asiana Club!).

Hope this clarifies.
Correct, but IMO SQ is actually one of the easier airlines to get OZ miles on. Whenever I fly SQ, I just make sure to get the semi-flex fare and so far it's been 100% miles every time. And the good thing is that SQ doesn't charge a ridiculous amount to upgrade from saver to semi-flex. By contrast, good luck getting 100% miles on LH. Every time I checked, it would have made 0 economic sense, so I ended up either collecting 50% or, if schedule and route permited, just went with a different airline enirely.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
+1 on LH, even P fares get 0 on OZ...
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Daxiuyi
Asiana Club is much less complicated than US airlines' mileage programmes. For determining status, the miles is based on OZ or *A airlines (# flights is OZ-only). This is one of the main attractions of OZ's FF programme (even if you're not based in Korea, or even fly OZ) because the requirements to maintain Diamond (equivalent to *G) are less onerous than other airlines.

As pointed out earlier, short answer to your question is 'zero'. If an SQ earns no miles on OZ, you get nothing. Have a check of the Asiana Club website to see how much fare classes of *A carriers earn (be careful with SQ; a lot of their promotional fare classes earn no miles even for KrisFlyer, let alone Asiana Club!).

Hope this clarifies.
Originally Posted by jon503
Correct, but IMO SQ is actually one of the easier airlines to get OZ miles on. Whenever I fly SQ, I just make sure to get the semi-flex fare and so far it's been 100% miles every time. And the good thing is that SQ doesn't charge a ridiculous amount to upgrade from saver to semi-flex. By contrast, good luck getting 100% miles on LH. Every time I checked, it would have made 0 economic sense, so I ended up either collecting 50% or, if schedule and route permited, just went with a different airline enirely.
Thanks for the input.
They are certainly helpful.
Since OZ will not get any "miles" from SQ, I will just have to leave the miles at SQ. 50% is better than none but I had been a majority ST flyer with occasional OW. This is actually my first SA flight.

When I first looked at Asiana in the past, I vaguely recalled UA flights will post 100% to OZ for most fares.. sad to see that they are now only 50% for the lower priced fares.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:59 am

I know i just posted this link the other day on this board, but i think it will be helpful here as well:

http://www.wheretocredit.com

Found it after I managed to score 0% at OZ on a mildly discounted LH Business fare.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by guidospizza

Found it after I managed to score 0% at OZ on a mildly discounted LH Business fare.
That link really is very useful! And there's another case-in-point for the woeful accrual rate of LH... I learned my lesson after getting 50% for an S fare (which is much more expensive in the LH system than OZ). The next time I tried to book LH, I meticulously looked up the fare codes for each booking option and the first fare with 100% accrual would have cost me something like 600€ plus! That obviously was unacceptable and I've since taken to avoiding LH (not just for that reason btw, they've delayed me in FRA with their sluggish luggage handover to AirRail more than once)
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by guidospizza
I know i just posted this link the other day on this board, but i think it will be helpful here as well:

http://www.wheretocredit.com

Great link! Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.