Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Turbluance over Japan, March 17th, 2015

Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest

I was in economy crossing Japan on OZ202 (A380) on 3/17/15 - roughest flight ever, and I travel frequently. I thought the whale was supposed to give a smoother flight instead of one where many pulled out their barf bags?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I've hit really bad turbulence over Japan. A few years ago, KE ICN-ATL, it was so bad that the FAs had to kneel down, hold the cart and have passengers hold them. This was mid-summer clear day in a 777.

Flying KIX-ICN on Peach, they informed us pre-flight that it would be very turbulent and that the seatbelt sign would stay on the whole time and to go to the bathroom first. Luckily, it wasn't that serious. Some kind of single aisle Airbus.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
On that KE flight, they stopped service for like an hour and a half.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:35 am
msm

that sounds like the beginning of a letter to playboy: about the time the Korean flight attendant asked the pax to hold her in flight.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Daawgon
I thought the whale was supposed to give a smoother flight instead of one where many pulled out their barf bags?
So imagine what it would have been like on another aircraft?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Daawgon
I was in economy crossing Japan on OZ202 (A380) on 3/17/15 - roughest flight ever, and I travel frequently. I thought the whale was supposed to give a smoother flight instead of one where many pulled out their barf bags?
Have you seen photos of the SQ A380 that flew between SIN and BOM?

If not, here are photos:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...-15-000ft.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.