Wiki Posts
Search

Senior Discount

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA KE OZ UA AA DL
Senior Discount

So, I was looking at the Business Class sale in particular between HNL-ICN, and in doing some booking searches, found the fare rules -

Fare rules for fare type: Adult
USPCL231

which in part say:

Other Discount
FARE BY RULE TEXT BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES AND KOREA, REPUBLIC OF SENIOR CITIZEN 60 OR OLDER - CHARGE 90 PERCENT OF THE FARE. TICKET DESIGNATOR - CD10. NOTE - THIS DISCOUNT MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER AGENCY/INDUSTRY OR STATUS FARE DISCOUNTS.
Since passenger is over 60, I'm trying to see if can get this discount -
I don't see anything on Asiana's website that would provide a SENIOR based fare; none of the online agencies I've tried work either. I called Asiana US Reservation center, and was told the discount is valid, but they charge a "lot more" to book over the phone, so I should use Expedia or Orbitz; when I tell them there is no discount on these sites, she told me I need to call them. Good luck - with Philippine call center? (I did try and result was as I expected: total waste of time).

Does anyone here know how to get this Senior Discount?

(Update: So, I got this fare text from Orbitz on the final screen before payment - https://www.orbitz.com/book/tripDeta...8#1-USPCL231-6
and the Other Discount text still shows, but when I check it on Expedia, there is no such provision. I'm wondering if my inquiries have resulted in a correction to the rule with old text still cached by Orbitz, or if there is some other reason why the text of this rule on Orbitz doesn't match the text of the same rule on Expedia.)

Last edited by kimChee; Feb 27, 2015 at 7:32 pm
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Maybe contact a Korean TA in HNL or LAX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.