Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges in ICN

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA CX DL KE OZ*G PR QF QR; SPG IHG MR HH
Lounges in ICN

Just signed up for Priority Pass and have a 4-hour layover in ICN. Which lounge is better to spend the time? According to Priority Pass rules, all are the same rates anyway: Asiana Business Lounge (Main Terminal), Asiana Lounge (Concourse A), KAL Lounge (Concourse A), Matina, Sky Hub. Since am taking OZ, gate is most likely closest to the Asiana Business Lounge at the Main Terminal, but if the other lounges are much nicer, am willing to spend the time there instead as long as it doesn't involve so much additional hassles (such as clearing security again). Any suggestions?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: A3 Gold | OZ Diamond | TK Elite | BA Silver
Asiana lounges are definitely better than the KAL ones IMO but don't expect too much from any of them... I've found pretty much all of the ICN lounges are fairly average
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The OZ lounge in the main terminal is physically much more appealing with high ceilings and large windows with views of the tarmac. The satellite (concourse) lounge is kind of a dungeon.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by Kacee
The satellite (concourse) lounge is kind of a dungeon.
It can feel that way at times, but I was just there the other day in the evening and it felt quite cozy, so I guess it depends on how full it is and the time of day. Generally I definitely agree though, the main lounge is more interesting and spacious and offers more facilities such as computers, massage chairs, etc.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by jon503
It can feel that way at times, but I was just there the other day in the evening and it felt quite cozy, so I guess it depends on how full it is and the time of day. Generally I definitely agree though, the main lounge is more interesting and spacious and offers more facilities such as computers, massage chairs, etc.
Those massage chairs are never free though.

Avoid the Asiana lounge.

I seem to be in the minority, but I generally judge a lounge by the quality of the food, and the Asiana lounge stinks on this score. They do fried eggs in the morning (if you can tolerate the mystery oil they use to fry them) but otherwise it's a huge struggle to find anything at all worth eating.

I do HKG-ICN regularly, and no matter which lounge they let me in going out (most often HK Airlines/Silverkris), it's always a way better experience than the return. Ok for a quick coffee and not much more. The lounge on the right also seems to have a fly problem
Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:31 am
Suspended

We were in Asiana lounge in the main terminal recently.

1) Food need to refill constantly, runs out all the time.
2) Massage chairs are never free, people sleeps on it for hours!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:37 am

transfer at ICN and lounge options

I used the SQ lounge at ICN several years ago and recall that it was fairly good, with decent food and beverage selections. Any updates about this lounge? I'll have a chance to try the OZ lounge at ICN soon. Are the two lounges near each other, in case I'll have enough time to try both?

A related question: I'll be flying NRT-ICN-SFO, both on OZ J, with *G status. How efficient is the transfer at ICN (1.5 hr layover)? I'd imagine there's no need for passport control, but will there be security check after landing from NRT and/or prior to boarding for SFO?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I used the SQ lounge at ICN several years ago and recall that it was fairly good, with decent food and beverage selections. Any updates about this lounge? I'll have a chance to try the OZ lounge at ICN soon. Are the two lounges near each other, in case I'll have enough time to try both?

A related question: I'll be flying NRT-ICN-SFO, both on OZ J, with *G status. How efficient is the transfer at ICN (1.5 hr layover)? I'd imagine there's no need for passport control, but will there be security check after landing from NRT and/or prior to boarding for SFO?
The transfer at ICN is very efficient (you go through security) although it can take a bit of time to walk to the train if you have to do a terminal transfer

I was in ICN a couple of weeks ago for a long layover and thought the Asiana lounge was pretty bad--the food is terrible. I have *G and prioroty pass and I went across to the PP lounge (Hospitality) in the main terminal where the food was a lot better than that in the Asiana lounge--it isn't as comfortable tho. Asiana was also very annoying as they kept telling me that if I used one of their lounges I couldn't then go into a different one later in the day.

I went over to the SQ lounge in terminal A where I was flying out of when it opened at 1PM and, although much smaller, thought it was a very nice lounge with fairly decent food. It was also very quiet and not busy at all the 3-4 hours I was there.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Are the two lounges near each other, in case I'll have enough time to try both?
You will almost certainly be flying out of the main terminal at ICN. The SQ lounge is in the concourse. It's really not going to be practical for you to go there.

The main OZ lounge at ICN is physically quite nice. Per gspurr, the food options are weak.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Asiana Diamond, IHG Gold,
ASIANA BUSINESS LOUNGE! Depending on the time, it can be very spacious with two large sections. Plus they have nice showers, that I try to take advantage of every time I have a layover there. Food is decent, big TVs (usually showing golf), lots of desks, plugs and comfortable chairs. Of the dozen or so stops I've made to that lounge, I think it was crowded (still found open seats) one time. Every other time has been at ~10% capacity.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Originally Posted by ChasingElite
ASIANA BUSINESS LOUNGE! Food is decent,
First of all, welcome to Flyertalk! Nice first post. But I will say that I would disagree with you regarding the decency of the food at the OZ lounge, especially the business lounge. What little food they serve is usually gone in the first few minutes of it being served. The food that is usually left is the sweet and spicy pasta and a boring salad. Feel free to have as many Shin ramen noodles as you can eat.

The F lounge is a tad bit better but not by much. Both KE and OZ should really consider upgrading their food selection because it pales in comparison to other business lounges in the world. One stop at the TK lounge at IST and you will realize how bad the OZ lounge is. Heck, even the ANA lounge at Haneda has much better food.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
You cannot go to the other terminal and just come back. There's no official way to get back.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
The Asiana business class lounges in the main and satellite terminals have fairly similar offerings. Decent F&B offerings (including hot selections) with a dedicated dining area and ample seating.

I've visited both recently, and the main difference to me is that the lounge in the main terminal has tarmac views, whereas the one in the satellite terminal does not.

The satellite lounge also feels more spacious.

Some pictures and reviews (From the SQTalk site) below.

Pictures of Asiana Business Class Lounge in ICN Main Terminal (From SQTalk forum)

Pictures of Asiana Business Class Lounge in ICN Satellite Terminal (From SQTalk forum)
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by sqyf
The Asiana business class lounges in the main and satellite terminals have fairly similar offerings. Decent F&B offerings (including hot selections) with a dedicated dining area and ample seating.

Most people who are regulars at lounges wouldn't agree with you that the food is decent in the OZ Business Lounge.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:21 am

I just visited the OZ lounge at ICN yesterday for the first time and can confirm most of the opinions expressed here:

1. F&B offerings are poor - the worst compared to all the home lounges in Asia of other Asian airlines, e.g. CX, SQ, BR, NH, TG, MH, etc. In fact, it's worse than even many other US & European airlines' lounges.

2. Massage chairs are nice. When I was there, it wasn't crowded, and 3 out of around 6 (?) were free.

3. Shower rooms are nice - no personal toiletry items, just big bottles of Dove shampoo, conditioner and shower gel, and other local-branded hair gel, lotion, etc.

4. Not possible to lounge hop for *G - OZ is the only airline lounge there, and the SQ lounge is in a different concourse (that you can get to but not return from, according to the information booth lady). There are, however, a couple of private lounges for people with certain credit cards and/or membership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.