Lounges in ICN

Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sqyf
The satellite lounge also feels more spacious.
I don't agree with that at all. The concourse lounge is smaller and feels like a dungeon with low ceilings. By contrast, the main lounge has soaring ceilings and floor to ceiling windows with tarmac views. It's actually a very attractive space (too bad the food isn't better). Also the furnishings in the concourse lounge are not as nice as the main lounge.

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
3. Shower rooms are nice - no personal toiletry items, just big bottles of Dove shampoo, conditioner and shower gel, and other local-branded hair gel, lotion, etc.
They're okay. Not as nice or spacious as NH at NRT or SQ at SIN, for example.

4. Not possible to lounge hop for *G - OZ is the only airline lounge there, and the SQ lounge is in a different concourse (that you can get to but not return from, according to the information booth lady).
It's possible if you're departing from the concourse. You can start at the OZ main terminal, then take the train to the concourse and visit OZ plus SQ.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:43 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
1. F&B offerings are poor - the worst compared to all the home lounges in Asia of other Asian airlines, e.g. CX, SQ, BR, NH, TG, MH, etc. In fact, it's worse than even many other US & European airlines' lounges.
+1. It's also worse than all the *A lounges in HKG. Among all the *a lounges in major Far East and SE Asia airports it is perhaps only better than the CA lounge in PEK.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
+1. It's also worse than all the *A lounges in HKG. Among all the *a lounges in major Far East and SE Asia airports it is perhaps only better than the CA lounge in PEK.
Actually, I would say that CA in PEK has better food offerings than OZ at ICN at meal times. Offerings I've had include dim sum in the morning and sushi at lunch time. Outside meal times however, not so much.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by sol95
Most people who are regulars at lounges wouldn't agree with you that the food is decent in the OZ Business Lounge.
1. F&B offerings are poor - the worst compared to all the home lounges in Asia of other Asian airlines, e.g. CX, SQ, BR, NH, TG, MH, etc. In fact, it's worse than even many other US & European airlines' lounges.
Hi, sol95 and sfvoyage,

Yes, I can see your point of view. As a home lounge, I would not put OZ in the same category as what other Asian airlines like CX, SQ, JL offer in the Business Lounges in their home bases at HKG, SIN, and NRT/HND respectively.

In Asia, I would call out the CX J lounges in HKG, especially, that really set the standard for F&B.

I've been to the SQ and CX lounges in the ICN Satellite terminal, and the F&B offerings are also fairly average (As non-base lounges), so by comparison to those two, the OZ lounge doesn't fare badly.

But I do agree that if I were a regular OZ customer, or if OZ and ICN were my main carrier, I would definitely want a better F&B spread in my home base.

Originally Posted by Kacee

The satellite lounge also feels more spacious.

I don't agree with that at all. The concourse lounge is smaller and feels like a dungeon with low ceilings. By contrast, the main lounge has soaring ceilings and floor to ceiling windows with tarmac views.
Hi Kacee, OK point taken as well. In general, I don't like enclosed lounges either (The SQ Silver Kris Lounge in Changi is another example of a good lounge that is handicapped by not having tarmac views).

I was thinking about why I felt that way...maybe it is because whenever I have used the Asiana satellite lounge (When flying SQ), it has always been quite empty, whereas when I visited the Asiana lounge in the main terminal last month, it was very busy. I certainly preferred the ambience of the empty satellite lounge to the crowded main lounge. I also wished that the views in the large window views from the main lounge weren't half obscured by sun shades when I was there.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I was thinking about why I felt that way...maybe it is because whenever I have used the Asiana satellite lounge (When flying SQ), it has always been quite empty, whereas when I visited the Asiana lounge in the main terminal last month, it was very busy. I certainly preferred the ambience of the empty satellite lounge to the crowded main lounge.
I can appreciate that. The one time I visited the satellite lounge it was much emptier than the main lounge, and the set-up with dividers can give a sense of privacy that you don't get in the big open space of the main terminal.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 2:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I just visited the OZ lounge at ICN yesterday for the first time and can confirm most of the opinions expressed here:

I was shocked at how little there was...even in the F lounge. Plus, the ice cream was melted in the freezer

I
4. Not possible to lounge hop for *G - OZ is the only airline lounge there, and the SQ lounge is in a different concourse (that you can get to but not return from, according to the information booth lady). There are, however, a couple of private lounges for people with certain credit cards and/or membership.
Why no lounge hop? I was trying to use PP to enter an OZ biz lounge in the main terminal and use my EK Lounge Invite in the Satellite F lounge but they said I could only use one They did at least let me look around.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
The satellite lounge is only for passengers departing in the satellite terminal. Korean and Asiana Use the main terminal. If you arrive on Asiana and connect to Asiana, you stay in the main terminal. If you are taking any other airline on connection, you will go to the satellite terminal.

Very rarely, Jin Air or another airline will use the main terminal. Very, very, very rarely. Also rare - Asiana or Korean landing at satellite terminal.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:41 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Also rare - Asiana or Korean landing at satellite terminal.
KE's flight from AKL seems to arrive at the satellite terminal when it is on time, but use the main terminal when it is late (makes sense otherwise there would be a lot of missed connections or delayed onward flights). The flight to AKL always leaves from the main terminal however.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
We are in an airport hotel at ICN now and fly to SYD at 8.20pm tomorrow on Asiana in Biz.

I guess we will do one of those Free Incheon City tours that runs 2.00pm - 5.30pm.

Questions -

1. Can we check bags to Sydney at about 12.30pm for the 8.20pm flight? If we can, no need to worry about them.

2. Assuming that is OK is there a place in Asiana lounge (or far better still land-side at airport in lockers) to leave hand baggage for a few hours?

2. Most above say showers in ICN lounge are pretty OK ..... is that still so? So that seems smart after the City Tour and then cope with the apparent lack of decent food offerings for a few hours.

Glen
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by ozstamps

Questions -

2. Assuming that is OK is there a place in Asiana lounge (or far better still land-side at airport in lockers) to leave hand baggage for a few hours?

2. Most above say showers in ICN lounge are pretty OK ..... is that still so? So that seems smart after the City Tour and then cope with the apparent lack of decent food offerings for a few hours.

Glen
I can only speak to the Asiana lounge lockers and showers. The lounge has a good number of lockers just to the right of the check-in desk. The showers in the lounge when I was there in March were pretty good and well-stocked with toiletries--they give you a pager if they are fully occupied.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I'm not sure about early bag drop, but 8:20 PM departure means you'll be arriving at a busy time around 6:20 with the evening bank of flights to Southeast Asia departing around then. You might want to allot some extra time for showers if it's busy.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:57 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
It's possible if you're departing from the concourse. You can start at the OZ main terminal, then take the train to the concourse and visit OZ plus SQ.
In Jan 2015 I tried entering OZ lounges twice (main and then satellite concourse) since I arrived at main terminal and flying out from satellite. OZ lounge receptionist at satellite concourse refused entry and explained that I could use lounge only once (I had already used the main concourse lounge). I was *G on I class (business award) ticket that time.

Since I was not aware of SQ lounge that time I did not try entering SQ lounge.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
A few data points. I stress from my personal experience today, but who knows it may assist others at some point.

1. Checking in bags at midday for 8.30pm Sydney long haul flight no issue at all. Many airlines do not allow that far ahead.

2. Decided to take the 5 hour FREE Seoul City tour that airport offer along with a bunch of shorter tours. All they needed was passport and inward (do not throw that one away!) It'l Boarding pass and outward one - ours were over 24 hours apart so no idea what the "rule" is. You can leave hand baggage in lockers at their desk OR take it on the huge bus they run .. even if only ONE person shows up they take the huge bus and driver and guide totally FREE downtown for hours. No wonder Seoul keeps getting Airport of The Year Award globally.

3. Re airport lounge, can only report my observations from 4pm to 8pm today. Seems like there are 2 lounges one to left of staff desk, one to right. Girl said to left was newer but right was better! Signage seemed to split them into Star Gold and Asiana Business. We were flying long haul business on Asiana so she said pick whatever we wished, so chose the RH one which did had an 80s look to it, but was nice and large. No idea if pax can move from 1 to the other. I assume they can?

4. Asked re shower and she took boarding pass told me there was a half hour wait and gave me a beeper, which I exchanged for a key pretty soon. Pretty well stocked. Gillette shaving cream and razor, hair gel, 4 or 5 lotions etc, Q Tips, toothbrush, shower cap, and 3 shampoos and conditioners. I was not expecting the Waldorf Astoria suite and it was perfect for me. 9 out of 10 for sure.

5. Re lounge food - seemed to be plenty of if, hot and cold, for 2 hours at all times, with a 5 Star Hotel Chef even making up things - see photos.

6. Fast dedicated internet, and easy to connect to. We had just flown in today from Beijing and the Air China lounge there uses the FREE and SLOW airport WiFi system that you need to read Chinese to use. I wasted 15 minutes sorting that out via 2 trips to desk on a very tight connection. You need to scan your passport at lounge entry to get some kind of code that is then not obvious where to input (they never ell you this) and was a disaster system for ANY airline to use.

Again an 8 or 9 out of 10, and I've travelled to 140 different countries, and visited many 100s of different airline lounges, and is my own personal opinion as always. Visit the massive Turkish Airlines Biz lounge in Istanbul etc, and the entire World's lounges are ALL in the shade, but this one is decent.

Anyone who regards this lounge as sub standard will DIE if they ever get out more, and visit anywhere in Latin American in flagship carrier lounges, which are often tiny - the size of this one's food area in total, and packed tight, and filled with screaming and unruly kids, and near zero food.

Glen

Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by ozstamps

3. Re airport lounge, can only report my observations from 4pm to 8pm today. Seems like there are 2 lounges one to left of staff desk, one to right. Girl said to left was newer but right was better! Signage seemed to split them into Star Gold and Asiana Business. We were flying long haul business on Asiana so she said pick whatever we wished, so chose the RH one which did had an 80s look to it, but was nice and large. No idea if pax can move from 1 to the other. I assume they can?
Thanks for the detailed report!

Are you sure there are two lounges? Last time I was there (it's been almost a year) there was one very large J lounge in the main terminal, although it does have two separate seating areas.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Are you sure there are two lounges? Last time I was there (it's been almost a year) there was one very large J lounge in the main terminal, although it does have two separate seating areas.
It is all one lounge, however the two sections are sort of split by the check-in desk, so one who is new could get the impression that there are two sides.

I have wandered between the two without any issues at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.