Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Award spaces on CJU-GMP between Jul 17 and Aug 23

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:01 am
kkg
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k

From UA and AC sites, it appears that there is no award availability at all for CJU-GMP between Jul 17 and Aug 23. However, there are tons of availability before Jul 17 or after Aug 23.

There are more than 20 flights a day!

I know that's probably summer peak season. Does anyone have historical data that tells if award spaces will (likely) open up in the next few months?

Many thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Without me spending the time to check on the OZ website, I would guess those are the blackout dates where OZ doesn't release any awards to partners, and even OZ members (unless you have a high enough elite status), have to pay extra miles for flights on those dates. Check the OZ website to see if their blackout dates match with what you're seeing, and if so there's absolutely no chance of getting a seat.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:36 pm
kkg
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
Originally Posted by A_Lee
Without me spending the time to check on the OZ website, I would guess those are the blackout dates where OZ doesn't release any awards to partners, and even OZ members (unless you have a high enough elite status), have to pay extra miles for flights on those dates. Check the OZ website to see if their blackout dates match with what you're seeing, and if so there's absolutely no chance of getting a seat.
Many thanks for the hint. It looks like you are right -- Asiana website says that this is the "high-peak" season and 50% more mileage is needed for their members. I guess these won't be released to partner airlines at all.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: Riteaid wellness+ Gold, PlanetFitness Preferred Black, Hyatt Cubic Zirconia, Hallmark Crown Platinum
for flights between GMP and CJU, I rarely pay more than $50 per person given that there are 80 flights to choose from.

I always thought using miles on Korean domestic is just not worth it...maybe it's just me.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by IIIIIIIIIIllllllllll
for flights between GMP and CJU, I rarely pay more than $50 per person given that there are 80 flights to choose from.

I always thought using miles on Korean domestic is just not worth it...maybe it's just me.
It's not just you. I wanted to use some miles for a flight to Jeju, but then checked out the price for a purchased fare and at just $70, it seemed like a waste of miles. This was during summer vacation time at a very comfortable departure time, btw. - you can do much better off peak.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:37 am

GMP-CJU/PUS is a good way to burn 10k-Y/12k-J DL miles on KE. Hardly much use for them these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.