Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Access to ICN Asiana First Class Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to ICN Asiana First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2014, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by stargold
I don't think it was disputed that, as a rule, "Arrive F, depart C" only grants OZ F lounge access at ICN if both segments are on OZ, at least to my understanding.
It is indeed disputed. By two of our most knowledgable members (both of whom know far more than I about these things). One says an F arrival is sufficient, regardless of onward carrier; the other says the onward flight must be on OZ metal:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22065595-post16.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22065756-post17.html
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:29 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Originally Posted by noelr
One more scenario for the experts. I'm flying LAX-ICN in F then connecting on TG C to BKK. I have about 4 hours on the ground in ICN, any chance I get access to the F lounge even if I'm continuing on Thai?
I'm doing the exact same thing late next week, likely the same flights. Do let me know what you discover!

Hope you are getting the A380 on your LAX-ICN leg!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rwk32882
I'm doing the exact same thing late next week, likely the same flights. Do let me know what you discover!

We should start an OZ201 to TG657 club
Old Aug 17, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by noelr
I guess that explains why I couldn't figure out an answer . I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.
I'm doing something similar but coming from JFK instead of LAX. Will be interested to see how it goes. Good luck!
Old Aug 17, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, *A Gold
worked for me!

[QUOTE=Kacee;23309597]It is indeed disputed. By two of our most knowledgable members (both of whom know far more than I about these things). One says an F arrival is sufficient, regardless of onward carrier; the other says the onward flight must be on OZ metal:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22065595-post16.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22065756-post17.html[/QU

I flew in to ICN on F on OZ from JFK 3 days ago. I had a connection on SQ to SIN in J. I presented my F Boarding pass at the Asiana lounge and was directed to the F side. ( this was at the Concourse Location of the OZ lounge)
Had the entire lounge to myself. Very relaxing!
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:51 am

I'm in the main F lounge right now. Arrived in F from LAX, departing in J on TG. It was no issue at the counter. They did tell me "only one lounge" which of course is not a *A rule.

Honestly, I think I prefer the J lounge. The only upgrade in F is they have some additional food options, but nothing is particularly appealing (and they don't have the tasty packaged french cookies I pigged out on in the J lounge last visit). The decor and showers are the same as the J lounge. It's super dead in here. Although that might have something to do with it being Saturday night.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by Kacee
The only upgrade in F is they have some additional food options, but nothing is particularly appealing (and they don't have the tasty packaged french cookies I pigged out on in the J lounge last visit).
I think how big the difference is probably depends on when you visit the lounge. I usually am in the J lounge at around 11 AM and there's no main course type food at all. Just the same old tired noodle salad, some sandwiches, cup ramen and some porridge (I usually end up going with the latter and some toast). Then at noon they bring out warm food and everyone immediately pounces on it. I usually have to board the flight to FRA soon after noon, so I can either save appetite for that and then be in a rush to eat it or make due with the standard food.

From what I heard, the F lounge serves hot food continuously, so that's why I'd love to be able to access the F lounge. If you use the lounge at a time where hot food is not an issue in J, I get your point.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I'm in the main F lounge right now. Arrived in F from LAX, departing in J on TG. It was no issue at the counter. They did tell me "only one lounge" which of course is not a *A rule.

Honestly, I think I prefer the J lounge. The only upgrade in F is they have some additional food options, but nothing is particularly appealing (and they don't have the tasty packaged french cookies I pigged out on in the J lounge last visit). The decor and showers are the same as the J lounge. It's super dead in here. Although that might have something to do with it being Saturday night.
The advantages of the F lounge are that it is far, far less crowded than the J lounge (which can be packed); much higher quality liquor; hot food all day (and chef prepared food at dinner time); and ice cream (Hagen Daz).
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:00 am
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rwk32882

Sorry for the delay I'm reporting back. We had no problem accessing the satellite concourse F lounge after our OZ F segment and before our TG C segment. The two of us had the whole place to ourselves for two hours! Only downside was that they didn't have any Johnny Walker Blue available. I wasn't in the mood so I didn't ask, but it was there in April when I last visited.

Fun fact about the lounge: OW emeralds departing on the AA flight to DFW get access to the same lounge. A few servings of Johnny Walker Blue certainly eases the WHY cabin pain if that upgrade doesn't clear.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by jon503
From what I heard, the F lounge serves hot food continuously, so that's why I'd love to be able to access the F lounge. If you use the lounge at a time where hot food is not an issue in J, I get your point.
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
The advantages of the F lounge are that it is far, far less crowded than the J lounge (which can be packed); much higher quality liquor; hot food all day (and chef prepared food at dinner time); and ice cream (Hagen Daz).
The food in the F lounge was gross. Something had gone bad in one of the cold cases and the smell was terrible.

I concede the point on the Haagen Daz
Old Aug 30, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
The food in the F lounge was gross. Something had gone bad in one of the cold cases and the smell was terrible.
Sounds like you are describing kimchi!
Old Aug 30, 2014, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Sounds like you are describing kimchi!
I think it might have been the salmon. I didn't test it

OTOH, the caviar on the inbound was delicious.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Hi All,

I'll be flying HKT-ICN on Asiana business class. From there, we're flying United Global First ICN-SFO. Will we have access to the first class lounge?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:25 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Hi All,

I'll be flying HKT-ICN on Asiana business class. From there, we're flying United Global First ICN-SFO. Will we have access to the first class lounge?
Yes at ICN as a *A F passenger on the day of departure.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes at ICN as a *A F passenger on the day of departure.
Woot! Thanks! Better question... I see that I should be *allowed* to be in there, but from other reports, some people seem to have had issues. Should I expect a fight? Is there some documentation that I should bring, perhaps a lounge policy printed off the website, or should it be fairly painless?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.