Legroom on a Asiana USA flight to ICN

Subscribe
I'm about 6ft 4" and I would like to try the JFK-ICN-CRK (in Sept) or LAX to ICN flights in coach. I'm concerned about the legroom so is it doable if I can't get an exit row seat. I'm Star Gold (UA 1K) in the *A program. Thanks
All of the Asiana longhaul planes have 34" legroom. I'm about 6' and I found it plenty roomy for even JFK-ICN.
Quote: I'm about 6ft 4" and I would like to try the JFK-ICN-CRK (in Sept) or LAX to ICN flights in coach. I'm concerned about the legroom so is it doable if I can't get an exit row seat. I'm Star Gold (UA 1K) in the *A program. Thanks
I'll chime in although I'm under 6'. I fly Asiana often to ICN and beyond. Best long haul straight economy seat on the routes. E+ on UA may have more pitch, but the OZ seat is more comfortable, and the recline is a slide-in-shell, not a lean-back, so more space all around.

I'm *G too but have never scored an exit row on OZ.
Quote: I'll chime in although I'm under 6'. I fly Asiana often to ICN and beyond. Best long haul straight economy seat on the routes. E+ on UA may have more pitch, but the OZ seat is more comfortable, and the recline is a slide-in-shell, not a lean-back, so more space all around.
Slide-in-shell - I don't recall any of OZ flights having this type of seat in Coach. Can you tell me which flight has this seat is installed in?
Quote: Slide-in-shell - I don't recall any of OZ flights having this type of seat in Coach. Can you tell me which flight has this seat is installed in?
I also don't know of any Slide-in-Shell seats on OZ. Maybe they are thinking of Cathay and those horrible economy shell seats (which they are thankfully replacing.)

OZ has a great economy product (I'm 6ft2") and I have never had a problem securing exit row seats. They just don't award them before getting to the airport so ask at the airport and if you are prepared to settle for row A/K at the windows, you can still enjoy the space of the extra legroom/standing room.

If memory serves me correct, they also won best economy class product last year with the SKYTRAX awards. ^
Quote: I also don't know of any Slide-in-Shell seats on OZ.
Hmm. I was sure that the seat slid forward and the back only reclined slightly. Sorry if I was mistaken. It is a great economy seat for flying to Asia, though.

I am happily in First on awards in November, then in coach in December to Thailand.

Caveat: Some OZ coach fares only earn 70% on UA.
When you recline, the seat cushion slides forward AND the seatback goes back a little.
Asiana does have the seats where the bottom slides forward when you recline the back. It's only on certain aircraft. They have it on the 747's, newer A330's & have the big PTV's. The 777's have the older seats that just recline the back with small PTV's
Quote: I also don't know of any Slide-in-Shell seats on OZ. Maybe they are thinking of Cathay and those horrible economy shell seats (which they are thankfully replacing.)

OZ has a great economy product (I'm 6ft2") and I have never had a problem securing exit row seats. They just don't award them before getting to the airport so ask at the airport and if you are prepared to settle for row A/K at the windows, you can still enjoy the space of the extra legroom/standing room.

If memory serves me correct, they also won best economy class product last year with the SKYTRAX awards. ^
Excellent and this is the type of information I was looking for. Again....thanks!
Quote: Hmm. I was sure that the seat slid forward and the back only reclined slightly. Sorry if I was mistaken. It is a great economy seat for flying to Asia, though.

I am happily in First on awards in November, then in coach in December to Thailand.

Caveat: Some OZ coach fares only earn 70% on UA.
Great to know and thank you for your response. I'm seriously given thought to flying OZ for the first time and it will save me some money. Usually I fly into MNL on CX or JL and take a taxi to CRK (1.5 hours and $40 each way).