Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Is Asiana moving to G side in SFO Int terminal???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Seems that Asiana is the only *A carrier on the A side of the SFO Int. terminal.

I see a reference that they will be moving to the G side "in late 2012" here: http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php/SFO_(UA)

Anyone know if this is actually happening?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:05 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
I really don't know where they will find the room. UA's bank of Asian flights arrive from 8-12. with NH/NZ/SQ mixed in.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I really don't know where they will find the room. UA's bank of Asian flights arrive from 8-12. with NH/NZ/SQ mixed in.
I think you are exactly right- which is why I am a little skeptical of a random report that they are moving. Though it would be nice from a connection prospective on my future trip connecting via UA. And I'll assume, based on no actual experience, that the SQ lounge on the G side would be better than the contract China Airlines lounge in the A side.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by leebids1
I think you are exactly right- which is why I am a little skeptical of a random report that they are moving. Though it would be nice from a connection prospective on my future trip connecting via UA. And I'll assume, based on no actual experience, that the SQ lounge on the G side would be better than the contract China Airlines lounge in the A side.
Yes, the SQ lounge is quite better than the CI lounge. They remodeled it about two years ago. Plus, like you mentioned, UA domestic is connected to the G-Terminal through a sterile walkway.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:07 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
Yes, the SQ lounge is quite better than the CI lounge. They remodeled it about two years ago. Plus, like you mentioned, UA domestic is connected to the G-Terminal through a sterile walkway.
Actually, I prefer the CI lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.